Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

So nice knowing your kids will be by then. DH and I get 2nd shots this week. But every time we talk about what we want to do when we break quarantine, we go back to DS is still at risk. Still keeping semi isolation until he’s able to get vaccinated.

3 Likes

Here is some confirmation. Anyone see official word somewhere from the state of CA?

I have not seen official confirmation from Cali, though apparently the change is somewhere in the blueprint:

2 Likes

Someone has done the research: Carly Wisel (theme park reporter) says Sea World is going out on a legal limb here. We’ll see if it flies!

https://twitter.com/carlyewisel/status/1384666443174666241?s=21

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything about it but will definitely be watching out for any news! :blush:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nay said on Chat that CA Dept of Public Health is supposed to update their guidelines for theme parks tomorrow. Hope they let us in, I have to think that vaccinated people from out of state are at least as safe (if not quite a bit safer) than unvaccinated people who live in CA. I am hopeful for good news!

4 Likes
2 Likes

10 more days! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Eek! I can’t wait to see your photos! I may not be welcome in Disneyland (yet!) but I will enjoy it vicariously with my Liner friends!

5 Likes

Fingers crossed they announce a change to that tomorrow and you guys are allowed in sooner! :heart:

5 Likes

CAPA just clarified the addendum. Vaccinated out of staters can attend parks who have adjusted their reopening plans to include them (aka SW). However, no requirement for parks to do so.

Source: via Scott Gustin’s twitter

I wonder if that is too much of a headache for Disney to deal with? I guess time will tell. It’s progress though!

4 Likes

CAPA is just the theme parks association, so not sure if their clarification means anything? The state may not be in agreement, I guess we keep waiting to see.

2 Likes

Presumably they have some back door contacts at the governor’s office who are helping them interpret? I guess we’ll see.

The dream is dead again @Jeff_AZ. Sigh.

2 Likes

:angry:

Sigh.

Oh, well. They’ll change their minds soon enough.

1 Like

They have been using the states rules as their reasoning for keeping us out. Now the truth comes out, Disney doesn’t need our money! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Not sure how many CA residents will continue to buy daily tickets and pay $900 a night to stay at the Grand after an initial visit? Maybe I will just keep spending all my Disney dollars (and they are significant) in Florida.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just too close for them to switch gears mid-stream? I would not be surprised if they are allowing out-of-state visitors by June at the latest.

3 Likes

As long as by Oct I’m set. Plane tickets are purchased (I mean we can cancel. In today’s day and age you cannot purchase something otherwise) but please don’t make me. :pleading_face:

1 Like

My family’s been on the verge of switching to only WDW/Orlando for a while.

We only used DLR for the tire swing, which DS is too big for now, and as a stopover to hold us over until we could get back to Orlando, which was once every 4 years for the last 8 years.

I can take the $$ we save in gas/tickets/hotels/food and just shuffle that over to WDW, who actually practices inclusion for their guests as well as their staff.

There. I said it.

1 Like