Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

I love that! I put the Disney music on a little loud around 4am. Usually gets DD up pretty quick. Although it seems more on the day we arrive than the day we leave :rofl::heart:

2 Likes

We are making a list and hoping on going to ride every ride that is open! Starting with Snow White! :heart_eyes::heart: Can Not wait to see it! :heart:

6 Likes

Hello @Ms.BarbsWildRide! Yes! Grand Legacy is one we have stayed at a good handful of times and they are excellently located, priced reasonably, and newer refurbished. Their pool is also fun for the kiddos with a splash pad and large shallow pool.

The ONLY negative and I am hesitant to mention it at all because it hasn’t yet stopped us from staying there AND usually by the next visit whatever caused the issue seems to have a policy change by the next time, BUT since I know I am also not the only customer who has felt this, I’ll mention it: their front desk has been weird about some things and less than friendly, especially if it’s related to showing up (on your check-in day) early in the day (like before parks open to be there at rope drop) or having your car parked in their parking lot after whatever time they determine is too late on check-out day (one time they told me I had to be out by 7am- check-out for Annual Passholders at the time was 1pm- so it made ZERO sense and I had gotten the run-around a bunch during that whole stay when I asked- because we ALWAYS stay later than check-out and have happily paid an extra day of parking and/or put up with moving our car to Disney parking if it’s just a crazy amount).

But like I said, hasn’t stopped us booking it yet and because I love staying right across the street on Harbor, I will mostly follow where the cheapest (clean) room is. There are only 2 hotels in Anaheim we’ve tried that we don’t check anymore, only one of those is directly across the street and their hotel is just fine, but if you cut it too close to their cancellation terms (i.e. to the last day) they will (as we discovered with further investigation into our credit card statement) lie and tell you they can’t cancel it, that the charge already got authorized the night before and when we pushed them on being within the terms of cancellation they got really nasty and refused to cancel (hence why we investigated the credit card charge & it wasn’t at all pending so we cancelled the credit card to spite them so they couldn’t charge us & haven’t ever looked back on booking there again, no matter how great their rate or how close they are.

3 Likes

Good to hear from you! Hope you are doing well. Crazy that you haven’t posted in a year, but with Disneyland closed that entire time it makes sense. :cry:

4 Likes

Welcome back to the forum! It’s good to see you posting. But you need to tell us which hotel!! :flushed:

4 Likes

@lolabear_la!!! I have missed you!!! It made my heart happy to see your post :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Your kids must
be huge!

3 Likes

Hi Loraine! It’s great to see you here again!

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ seeing that one-year notice next to my name is heart-breaking! I did lurk for a bit (and am trying to catch up) on the awesome Coronavirus outbreak: is it safe to travel thread and I am loving all your inputs there (up to October so far, only a few more thousand posts to go :crazy_face:)

@Julianne_fki Thank you, it’s good to be “back”. As for the hotel, it’s a popular one on chat so I don’t feel right broadcasting it, but the level of what they did to intimidate us into “keeping our stay” so they could charge us for the one night was bad, so yes, I’ll share. It Desert Inn & Suites. We had only stayed there once before that and they were fine, I would always throw them into my searches to consider for a repeat stay, up until I had to cancel one that we had made but needed to change as we decided to go a different weekend (and someone else was cheaper so we didn’t change the dates at the Desert Inn & Suites). After that experience I went to TripAdvisor and their page their was FULL of similar experiences with the manager’s name mentioned (my husband tried to escalate up to a manager and the the manager just got nastier so my husband got his name and many of the comments that had the same experience as us all mentioned that manager). So I don’t know that we will ever take our dollars there ever again.

@Ms.BarbsWildRide I have missed you too! We added a 4th kid to our gang in Dec 2019 (just in time for the pandemic) and even the baby is getting too big! She turned 16 months this week and last night at bedtime instead of snuggles and “night Mom” asI tucked her in, I got a big ole cheeky “Go sit!” with a bossy pointer finger directing me to head over to my rocking chair post while she got herself settled on the pillow. And then yes, everyone else is just gigantic! Your boys must be men now!

Hi Karen! @Wahoohokie It’s great to be back! It was a sad year for me to be on the forum (we gave up a lot of plans for June 2020 for both WDW and DL and between cancelling plans and the craziness that became our life when Covid took over, I just had no energy for much else than what I needed to do to get through the day). The sudden switch to distance learning for E (1st grade last year was ROUGH) on top of having a newborn on top of just had started potty training for S (who is still a year later sporadic at going to the bathroom).

3 Likes

Good thing I just found out before walking over on the 29th! I was hoping to go to GCH Craftsman Bar and Grill the day before opening to eat and check things out but looks like right now GCH restaurants are only for guests. Bummer. Splitsville looks like it will be then. DD loves their sushi :blush:

1 Like

Did you see that they may have relocated the exit to BBB side so you come out in the store?

This is part of the reason we can (and do) drive overnight! All that energy gets me through the drive & usually up until at least 11am the next day. Then I make sure we have strategic attractions like the train or Tiki Room to get us through until the hotel room is ready for naptime.

2 Likes

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/craftsman-bar/

I was like they changed it again?!?! LOL I totally had the name wrong! It’s the Craftsman Bar. Although I bet that is where the food comes from! and it really isn’t a bar bar. They have a bar but then there are a bunch of tables too. I like to sit by the pool and eat their wonderful sliders. Bummed they are only taking guests right now but I will not complain. I’m sure it will open to all soon enough :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations on your new baby! That’s exciting, but must have made for extra stress during the pandemic. I look forward to your first trip report with 4 kids. I’ve been with my niece and her husband and their five kids and it is a wild time. I can’t wait until they feel comfortable traveling again so I can go with them to Disneyland.

Good to know about Desert Inn & Suites. I have looked at them before, but have never booked there.

2 Likes

Me and mine do too! It’s a must do every visit!

1 Like

Some good news out of CA today…apparently the out of state visitors are not welcome in our theme parks guidance has been quietly changed to out of state visitors may attend if proof of full vaccination or a negative covid test for everyone 3 and up within 72 hours. Sea World has just announced this change, effective immediately and are welcoming back out of staters. No idea if the other parks will follow, but it gives me hope about going to DL soon! I am fully vaccinated, and my kids will be on May 21st.

7 Likes

@Jeff_AZ!!!

2 Likes

Oh darn, some dust got in my eye or something. I most certainly am not tearing up at being able to see Marvel Campus.

4 Likes

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

(complete sentence)

5 Likes

You were the first one I thought of. Thought that might bring a smile to your Tuesday.

2 Likes

3 Likes