Here’s What You Need to Know About Disneyland Resort’s Reopening, Including

Maybe. I had no problem not being able to go when it was due to state travel rules. But to have the state say it is fine, and other parks opening to us (Sea World to start), and DL saying no…it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’m also grumpy that I still haven’t received my AP refund of $250 and they don’t care to help me get it. They aren’t being nice to me. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You haven’t gotten your refund! That’s nuts! I would be pissed about that.

I just could see them thinking, we’re too close to change gears for 4/30, but we’ll announce a date for out-of-state guests soon. We’ll see. I’m like @Jeff_AZ always trying to see the glass half full.

3 Likes

That’s why I love you two…it’s the perfect balance to my “I’m taking my vacations and storming away!”.

4 Likes

Care to explain that a bit?

1 Like

What is their excuse for you waiting this long for a refund? All those should have been settled long ago. I paid both of mine in full and in cash and they refunded mine on my card on file and Jessica’s they sent me a check.

2 Likes

And I am sorry they aren’t letting you in my friend. Drinks on me when I see you in park again. It will be sooner than you think. It fricken better because a few of my favorite peeps are from outta state. :heart:

2 Likes

As for the refund, first they said it was processed on 1/21 and that my credit card company (Chase) is the issue and to call them. So I did and they cannot see any refund. Called DL back with this info, and then they said oh there was an issue with the 1/21 refund, so we cancelled that and re posted it at the end of February, but it might take 1 or 2 billing cycles to post. Well it has been multiple cycles, and no money. I need to call them again and escalate it with the finance department. Just send me a damn check, I had an AP for years…they know my address!

3 Likes

I think if they would just say something like “we hope to welcome out of state residents back to DL on (whatever date they choose), as long as the metrics in CA stay good”, then we would at least know they had a plan in place, even if Covid cases could change it. Instead I feel like just because the state may open on June 15th, that doesn’t mean they have any intention of letting us in, which is fine but JUST TELL ME so I can move on with my vacation plans to other places. Someday we will meet for another drink in Oga’s…someday!

2 Likes

We’ll deserve to treat ourselves to Royal 21 when all this is over! :laughing:

1 Like

Inclusion. Meaning the big media push they recently announced.
Including guests from out of state when state guidelines permit. WDW has been re open for almost a year. Did they do FL resident only when they reopened? And if so, for any length of time?

Also, WDW has one of the best programs in the world to come study and work at WDW. Look at World Showcase. And even in other parks, I see a ton of people from Brazil or the UK working as regular CM’s.

At DLR, I saw a lot of Fontana. Fullerton. Irvine. Riverside. Some Washington. I paid a lot of attention growing up in the area, I make it a game to see how many people were from my area.

2 Likes

Gotcha. I (of course) know about inclusion, I just wasn’t sure what you were seeing in WDW that you don’t see in DL. Thanks for clarifying!
And no, WDW did not exclude guests from out of state at all. We went 2 weeks after opening, from WA. They were happy to have us.

1 Like

Didn’t WDW have 2 days for AP holders b4 REopening to gen pop?

1 Like

Thank you for not being upset! (I got nervous). I’m upset about the restrictions as well.

I think I need to take a breath before posting. I’ll work on that! = )

I don’t think so?

You are fine, I just was thinking about inclusion from a LGBTQ+ view, and DL is much more inclusive of that than WDW. I wasn’t thinking about inclusion of non-LGBTQ+ things. :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes they did! I had to look it up cause I totally forgot these details that at the time seemed oh so significant:

July 7-8: CM previews at MK and AK
July 9-10: AP previews at MK and AK
July 11: MK and AK reopen
July 13-14: CM previews at HS and Epcot
July 15: HS and Epcot reopen

2 Likes

It’s been awhile

Walt Disney World has released new updates for Annual Passholders regarding the reopening of the theme parks, and info about upcoming policies, including the advance online reservation system and AP previews. In this post, we’ll share details of the announcement and offer additional commentary. ( Updated June 16, 2020 .)

2 Likes

They had at least one day that was an AP preview day. I remember reading someone’s trip report. And that they met Josh D’Amaro!

Edited to say … should have read to the end before posting! Doh!

4 Likes

Nice you found better links. I thought I tried to get a pass on a preview day but failed and put it out of mind due to disappointment

2 Likes

I had totally forgotten about these previews! Seems like a lifetime ago. :smile:

3 Likes