HELP! Need Hollywood Studios Advice

Yes, port on a Cruise. Back on the ship at night!

I hear you! I think about it too, but I think it’s fine. I follow some groups who have done this and no one has had any issue. From what i understand if you book your transportation to and from the port with RC and the buses run late the ship has to wait for you.

But thanks for yourperspecitve. it is def. an “imperfect” day no mater how you slice it. Travel, shorter time in the park, etc. But - sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad! :slight_smile:

If you do this you will not be getting the RCL transfers?

Did you read Laurel’s RCL Blog Post on this?

Edited to add the link:

1 Like

Yep. Risky but I’ve talked to s a few others who said they did the same and were fine. It was also suggested by Disney when I called to save a bit of time.

I did NOT read this. THANK YOU. I’ll check it out now.

You say your ship docks at port at 11am. That doesn’t mean you will get off the ship at that time. Personally I wouldn’t do it!

The private transport is through RCL? It is a shore excursion ?

Yeah. The more I think about this, the more I’m feeling nervous on BEHALF of their family. It seems like an awful lot of effort without a lot of gain.

Personally, I’d use the excursion to visit the Kennedy Space Center instead. That’s my decision, and I’m sticking to it! :slight_smile: (Oh, wait. This wasn’t my vacation?)

2 Likes

I still say I would go to food and wine on the official RCL charter.

Yeah, it’s def. risky and doesn’t give us a lot of time in the park. We know that going in though. We wouldn’t get off the ship until closer till 12 and not get to HS until 1:30/2ish and would have to leave by probably 5/5:30ish to get back to the ship on time. But we’ve already met a lot of people who have done this cruise that have done it and have nothing but positives to say about it. I also know people who are doing it on the cruise we are going on so we’re talking about sharing taxis, etc. It may seem crazy, but we really want to get to TSL but a full disney vacation right now just isn’t in the budget. The cruise is and this is our only excursion, so for us the risk is worth it. I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted on the outcome of this! :slight_smile:

RC offers private transportation to TTC for a small fee, but from what I’ve read and understand the best option for time is to grab a tax to go straight from the port to HS and bypass TTC. This comes with it’s own risk because it’s entirely up t us to make sure we get back to the dock on time. Where as if we book through RC and anything goes wrong the ship has to wait for us, but I"m pretty responsible with time so I’m not concern that we wouldn’t make it back.

The TTC only applies to Magic Kingdom. There is no TTC involved in the other parks.

You’re talking at EPCOT? Trust me, if it were just me and my husband that is totally what I would do. But the last time we were in Disney my boys were bored by Epcot… They liked Test Track, but other than that they were ready to get to the bigger parks.

yup - they keep saying you then have to take a monorail, or bus to the other parks. no thanks! Been there done that! Also, do you know if the TTC even goes to HS?

Yes, I said, I did this to Universal on the Anthem. I would never rely on private transport- way too scary.

On a separate note… What did you think of the Anthem? We’ve never been on the Anthem. Last cruise was on a small ship on Carnival out of Baltimore back in September. We loved it. The ship was the perfect size for our kids. The Anthem seems HUGE. I’m a little nervous about that. Any in sights?

I guess I’m confused. There is no need to go to the TTC unless you are going to the Magic Kingdom.

Are you saying that if you use the transportation provided by the cruise, they ONLY take you to the TTC? In which case, that would be problematic, because it adds even more time to get to any other park (hence, the dilemma).

Anyhow, to summarize, if you decide to go forward with this:

1. You can get only one Fastpass for a Tier 1. Since SDD will be next to impossible to get, that leaves getting either a FP for Alien Saucers or Toy Story Mania…likely narrowed by the time window you have available to you.
  2. When planning your time, you need to, then, figure out based on the likely time of actual arrival, what the total wait time will be for SDD in standby, PLUS waiting in standby for at least one of the other two as well. I’d create a TP specifically for doing this on the date your excursion and see what it predicts.
  3. You can get two other FPs for Tier 2 rides. Once you use your Tier 2 FPs, you MIGHT manage another same-day FP. But you won’t have much time.
  4. How upset will you be if you get in line for SDD (for example), but it takes too long because you have to head back? I think you need to set your expectations that you might only be able to pull off one or two of the TSL rides and NOT get on SDD at all, as long as you happy with doing other things instead.

Ryan, THANK YOU. You’ve been super helpful.

Yes, what you are saying is correct. Royal Carribean only takes guests to the TCC. If you want to go to any other park other than MK you have to use additional transportation (which, to me, defeats the point).

Thank you for your notes. I agree with what you are saying 100%, I think we need to level set our expectations and go from there. I’d like to take my chances to get SDD on a 60 day fast pass based on the night at the campground I booked. If I can’t get it then I’m gong to have to settle for the other options. Please keep in mind that we really are going to HS for TSL. Yes, if we get through it all and can catch Indian Jones or Tower of Terror, great. But those aren’t really our priority. Thanks of all your insight!

Just note that ToT is a Tier 2 that usually books out well before 30 days. So if you stick to the 60 day FP, if you can’t get SDD, you might still get a FP for ToT as a Tier 2.

Do you happen to know what attraction will be opening for GE? I read something that there is one attraction opening in August, but more attractions coming later. Just curious. And you seem to be on top of these things!