HELP! Need Hollywood Studios Advice

Millennium Falcon Smuggler’s Run will be open. Rise of the Resistance is said to be opening at a later date. It may or may not be open by the time you go, but I wouldn’t count on getting to ride either since it is unlikely they will be offering FPs for them right away. (That isn’t confirmed, but based on what they are planning for Disneyland.)

Even if FPs are available, they will likely be gone at the speed of light 60+several days out.

We are going in May 2020, and we figure we’ll not actually get an opportunity to ride either of the GE rides, but just get a chance to see the land. If we DO get a chance to ride, we’ll be pleasantly surprised.

The one advantage that them offering FPs for GE rides might be is it might make getting a FP for SDD easier, since the first Tier 1 choices for a lot of people will switch from SDD to MFSR.

I’m hopping GE is a distraction for TSL for sure! We plan to go again in 2021ish. Our youngest is 5. We were there just before TSL opened and we had so much fun, but we would like for him to enjoy some new attractions when we go for our next big trip. I wish we had the funds to go every year, lol, but since we don’t this is our compromise!

Yeah. Our Disney last trip was in 2016. (We did Universal in 2018.) Next is in May 2020. But this will be an odd year, because we are going TWICE in 2020. In May with the family, and then in December, just my wife and I for our 25th wedding anniversary! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We really loved the Anthem. The shows are amazing. The Gift is a little strange but well worth it. I wished I had gone to Spectra’s Cabaret twice. Two70 is a great venue for many smaller shows during the week. The comedians do family shows and late night adult shows. We did the escape room and had a blast! We also did trivia many times. We ate in the Main Dining Room almost every night. We went to Wonderland one night and Uzumi for lunch one day.

We are going on the Dream this August but I am hoping to book Adventure next June to Bermuda.

1 Like

Sorry I went MIA on you! I would LOVE to do Disney just me and my hubby! One day! enjoy your trips! We love Disney. I want to be a millionaire so I can go all the time. ha.

If I were a millionaire I’d cruise the world. And visit the “World” on occasion too.

Instead of trying to grab a taxi or Uber, why not just book private transportation to be there to pick you up? You can arrange return as well. It won’t be cheap, but none of what you’re doing is. And it might not cost more than an Uber would.

Or, take the RCCL transportation to TTC and call an Uber from there.

Ya know, that is a great idea. I’ll be honest and say the only “private” transportation I’ve ever done ia an uber. Ha. You’re right. None of what we’re doing is cheap. The price on the cruise was wonderful so that is allowing us the disney excursion. IT’s the only excursion we’re doing! SOOooOOO we’re willing to spend a little extra to make that day worth while. We’ll get about 5 hours in Hollywood Studios. So those 5 hours better be GOOD. HA!!! :slight_smile: Were going to go disney again in probably 2 years after the cruise. but right now the cruise fit the budget and a disney trip did not! Do you have any suggestions on private transportation services I could look into? AND the problem with going through RCCL is that they go to the TTC and then we need additional transport to Hollywood. Iw as trying to save that time and to right to HS

1 Like

I’ve heard Mears is supposed to be good.

https://www.mearstransportation.com/services/cruise-transport/

There are others. We usually have a rental, so I’m not too familiar with them all. You might check on Cruise Critic or the DIS for other companies.

Does anyone know where I can find out the show times for Lightning McQueen’s new show @ HS ?

I don’t think there are specific show times. It shows frequently (maybe every 15 minutes?). Our wait was not that long when we saw it last month.

Yes, it just runs continuously and the show is only 10 minutes so just show up!