HELP! Need Hollywood Studios Advice

What is a fake room only booking?

Book the cheapest room you can find that offers the 60 day FPP (which includes the Disney Spring hotels), but you donā€™t actually use the room. You can schedule your 60 day FPP that way. I just donā€™t think it will help you get SDD. But at 30 days, most everything else is available anyhow, so there would be no real benefit.

Saldy, that wonā€™t work. We dock in port canaveral around 11:00 a.m. and we depart at 9 p.m. so weā€™d get the park around 1/2ish and then head back to port canaveral 7/7:30ish. Itā€™s a very small window of time we have to work with which is why the fast passes in TSL are so vital! We were just in Disney just before TS opened but I really want to get my oldest son there. Part of me thinks we should cancel the cruise and just do Disney. Ha!

Now that is drastic :slight_smile:

That is a great tip! Disney Springs hotels! I didnā€™t even think about that. I was thinking the camp ground, but thatā€™s full. The next cheapest was All Star sports but Iā€™ll check Disney Springs now too. THANK YOU. And youā€™re rightā€¦ itā€™s a gamble on if iā€™d get SDD but at least I could get the saucers and TSM. You have to understand my sonā€™s love of TS to understand the need to go there!

Personally, if it were me, I wouldnā€™t bother doing HS then. You will feel rushed and pressured with little room for error.

I do think your idea of cancelling the cruise for the Disney tripā€¦thatā€™s an idea Iā€™m on board with! :wink:

Please keep in mind that TSM and Alien are both tier 1 so you wonā€™t be able to get both at 60 or 30 days

Ha! I know. Iā€™ll continue to work this angel to see if I can get something that will work for us. The cruise was so nicely priced for the 4 of us.

You can get one or the other, not both, whether at 30 days or 60! You have to wait in one of the lines.

At 30 days, though, you will still have availability for both, very likely.

Yup. I know that. Iā€™d go for SDD and then then Aliens since weā€™ve done TSM quite a few times. Thanks for all the advice. This has all been very helpful and gives me a lot to think about.

Iā€™m hoping that with GE opening that everyone will want to go there and not be too concerned about SDD, lol. Iā€™m being WAY optimistic :smile:

1 Like

We can ALL HOPE THAT

2 Likes

Are we saying that Star Wars Galaxyā€™s Edge offers A New Hope?

1 Like

oh no you didnā€™t Ryan.

LMAO! :stuck_out_tongue:

He did, ha!

Okay, so this is where i landed (for now) - i was able to find a tent space at the camp site for 79ish dollars. I bought it to guarantee the ability to do a 60 day fast passā€¦ If I donā€™t get the fast passes I want at the 60 day mark iā€™ll just cancel (if I can - any idea on that?) or eat the cost. this is our only cruise excursion so iā€™m willing to pay a touch more to make sure it goes smoothly. Weā€™ll see how this all pans out. at the end of november i could be saying NEVER DO THIS to anyone who asks.

I just skimmed the whole thread.

To be clear, Port Canaveral is a stop on the cruise? Youā€™ll be getting back on the ship that night?

I have to say, Iā€™d be freaking out the entire day about getting back to the boat. And, I am not a worrier.

Itā€™s a little over an hour each way in perfect conditions. I wouldnā€™t be able to enjoy HS for a second.

Man, I canā€™t believe what a killjoy I am! I know my risk tolerance is lower as Iā€™ve gotten older. If you are confident you can do this in the span of time, please do go for it!

3 Likes

It is a stop on the Anthem. I only did the official RCL excursion, as long as we were at the bus on time they guaranteed we would be ok.

Wrong movie Ryan! Black Squire Outpost is set between eps 6 and 7 IIRC. :rofl: