Help! Are the Touring Plans optimised times REALLY accurate

Literally banging my head against my computer now. Goodness knows what’s going to happen when we eventually get there! x

This thread is terrifying to me. I would think having a screenshot should protect everyone from this. How can they not make it right if you have evidence the error was on their end?

Sorry for the stress this must be causing.

1 Like

Please don’t worry, hopefully this was just a glitch on my account. I’m sure you’ll be fine. Just definitely take a screen shot with you on the day as the park staff may be able to accommodate you better if anything goes wrong x

This! I forget where I saw it but I know there was a liner where everything disappeared but she had screenshots. She went to guest relations in the park and they made it happen there.

As soon as I finished booking I saved a screenshot to my phone.

If they aren’t going to fix their system the least they could do is put in a handy “export to pdf for when your reservations fall into the void” button in the app and website.

2 Likes

Not sure if this could help, but I’d suggest to close all of your open browsers, and log in again. If you have a saved cookie that logs you in, i’d hit the logout option, to sign in again. After their upgrade a few months ago, their system would display a similar message because you weren’t fully logged in. Typical syntax issue of people that do not know the English language, so did not understand that the verbiage was incorrect. No idea if that’s the case here, but only a few months ago, people’s plans were not being displayed, and the message was something like, “We are having issues displaying your plans.” But, it clearly should have stated, “Please log in to show any plans you have made.”

1 Like

So just FYI the whole of the site seems to be having a bad day (again!). I was just helping a friend with her upcoming trip and all of her stuff is messed up too.

Maybe it will right itself? This is nuts.

This is crazy. @paraplannerkelly, best bet is to keep checking periodically. There’s also the possibility of day-of FPs. Let us know what you end up with pls.

Hi Len! I’m a HUGE fan of the Unofficial guides!!! This is off topic but how do I earn the Reader badge? I have read several topics with over 100 replies but haven’t gotten the badge.

I got worried b/c I just received an email from Disney Destinations asking me to explore FPP and I selected mine on Halloween; just checked and all of my FPP are still there. I don’t have the app on my phone yet.

Reader Badge => Read every reply in a topic with more than 100 replies.

(I had to look this up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would have had the same reaction. You know they have gone off the rails when the most anodyne communication from them can elicit that kind of response from us.

In general, I have high praise for how Disney does things, or I wouldn’t want to go there. It’s just really hard for me to believe their IT can be so bad, but I know it is from my own experiences.

1 Like

Of course, I used to sing the praises of Marriott IT, and now look what’s happened to them. Oh well, I have the comfort of experiencingi great functionality while my account gets hacked.:rofl:

2 Likes

In June it took over an hour to pay for our SOA dinner. There were 5 of us 3 paying with DDP and 2 out of pocket. Oh and I used a gift card. The money came off the card but did not register then after an hour to get this fixed they did not charge me enough and I had to spend 20 min giving a math lesson to the CM. So after waiting close to 2 hours the third supervisor said that the would fix this and send the tickets to my room. I also asked how they planed on compensating me for my time wasted? They gave us each 3 paper fast passes. I went about the rest of our day and went to dinner just to find out they charged me for 5 people on the DDP not 3 so I had to go back and sort that out. My first day in WDW was so stressful I was almost ready to leave but after that all went smooth.

2 Likes

Oh, I remember that. That was when they gave you a handicapped room with only the King bed, right? I’d have been crying I think.

Crikey! That is one of the best (worst?) examples of “No good deep goes unpunished”. I would have been so peeved, I would have let them undercharge me and left. But good job asking for compensation. You were well within your rights to do that, and it literally “costs” them nothing.

1 Like

We were given 2 room not one like we booked but that is what messed a lot up. Having the 2 room was the best thing that disney did that day.

Yes, but that was after goofing it up. Obviously one King bed isn’t enough for 3 people. I’m sure you were upset until they gave you the second room. (That was very great of them, though).

Under charge me nothing he could not figure why the tickets would not print, da I did not pay in full yet. I went through 2 supervisors. The last one was great I think he wanted to push the CM out of the way and redo everything himself but did not want to embarrass the CM.

1 Like

No this was taken care of before we arrived but they had to put the room in my wifes name and the other in mine. Checking in was ok they just took a while explaining what they did and what they had to do. Also they had to give us different MB so we could get in both rooms. That only took 15 - 20 min so that was not a big deal plus I asked a lot of questions.

1 Like