Happily Ever After, Epcot Forever Return 4/3

i was majorly doubting my decision to go easter weekend until about 20 mins ago

2 Likes

Juju is going to be there then too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree completely with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building. It’s rare I can say that without reservation. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m glad I get to see Harmonious one last time next week. (Woohoo!!!) I’m glad people will stop complaining about the stargate and tacos. It will be cool to see Epcot Forever in June. And I hope the new show they’re dreaming up is amazing.

3 Likes

I am assuming the answer is yes, but do you think HEA Dessert Party tickets will go on-sale prior to that? We will be there the week of April 15th and usually liked to do the dessert party with the plaza garden watching area.

No it won’t. It will be lame.

2 Likes

All bases covered :wink:

2 Likes

I appreciate your perspective here! I have never seen any nighttime show at EPCOT and I’m looking forward to Harmonious. And you’re right - as practically a newbie - I doubt I will be bothered by the barges or tacos.

What I keep thinking is if they put in some kind of fountains (NOT BARGES) that would allow them to do something akin to World of Color or Cinematic Celebration.

5 Likes

DLP has fountains as part of its nighttime spectacular. And drones.

3 Likes

Drones could be cool. King’s Island had drones are part of their nighttime show. Although, drones could become a bit gimmicky, so I would like to see them really used in some very purposeful way.

2 Likes

We saw the Kings Island show this summer and the drones were amazing! I loved it.

1 Like

The whole show was amazing, actually. I was kind of shocked by how good it was. I never expected a Cedar Fair park to put on a show that competes with something I’d expect from Disney. Frankly, I got kind of emotional watching it!

1 Like

Me too!! The projections were great. We were on a fence on the right hand side and could see so much. I hadn’t seen a nighttime show there in several years, and I was blown away. It also told a great story.

1 Like

I would be completely ok with them doing a World of Color-style fountain situation. But that lagoon is massive so it would have to be a very different setup to make it worth watching from around the lagoon. Either ridiculously powerful fountains or lots of little ones. I know the fountains at DCA are a PITA for maintenance, so hopefully they would do it in a way that is easier to access.

3 Likes

The other concern I thought of, which makes it unlikely, is concern for the boats there. There would be risk of accidentally damaging the boats and/or the fountains if the fountains themselves have very low profiles.

3 Likes

I never got to see either, but I hope whatever they replace Harmonious with actually becomes a 360⁰ spectacular so that it can be viewed perfectly around the whole lagoon. I’m still negatively amazed that they would create a show for that location that had such a narrow range of optimal viewing sports. They need to apply some joined up thinking for the next one :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

7 Likes

I think they were setting themselves up with a long term plan, but one which didn’t pan out. Remember that part of the original EP plans including a new building along the FW side of the water where they could charge a premium for straight-on views? The barge design would then create a sense of scarcity, allowing them to charge a premium.

But then they cancelled that building. So it was all for nothing!

So many missteps with those barges.

2 Likes

On my January trip I am purposefully scheduling Harmonious in your honor. I have only seen it with my family and they are anti-nighttime spectaculars. I want to give it a real shot before it is gone.

I have also added Dinongames to my AK day thanks to your trip reports, though that might be more because of that other person who ocassionally gloms onto your trips.

1 Like

I now have to figure out how to break it to my DD17 she won’t see HEA on her Senior trip. Maybe I won’t mention it at all. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I didn’t mind Harmonious (or Enchantment, for that matter) - but I wish if we were getting a show back it was Illuminations. Even an updated version.

At least if my August trip I’m pondering happens I can do other things during the nighttime shows.

1 Like