Happily Ever After, Epcot Forever Return 4/3

Having just watched Enchantment and HEA back to back on YouTube, I think it’s the music that makes Enchantment fall flat. It just doesn’t have the impact that HEA does in spite of the beautiful visuals. The fireworks also seem more random and less impactful.

3 Likes

yes please!! I looooooooovvvvvvvvvveeddd that show.

2 Likes

Yes it has! By Disney, today. Both links at the top of the thread confirm it.

I was standing in the right place, just slightly off centre.

I didn’t hate it, it was just meh. It didn’t evoke any emotion in me at all.

And like I said, nothing makes up for those oil rigs in the middle of the park. No matter how great the show might have been.

5 Likes

There will be a minimal amount of infrastructure in the lagoon. From what I hear it has the potential to be great. The proof will be in the execution of it. It is still in development though and I’m not sure if they have even set a firm target date yet.

2 Likes

I don’t know how long HEA is expected to run for. I’m hoping I get a chance to see it, but I expect I’ll just have to make do with videos - which I’ve managed to avoid entirely this far. I do wish I could see both HEA and Epcot Forever in person, but I may miss out on both sadly.

9 Likes

This

4 Likes

:rofl:

99.2% positive rating - he must have sold something to Chapek once

2 Likes

I couldn’t stop laughing at will not support daytime fountains feature

4 Likes

That’s excellent but viewing location is key.

2 Likes

I never ended up seeing Harmonious in person, but I’ve seen very good videos which I think gave a better persepctive than most spectators ge in the park. I wasn’t crazy about it. The music jumps too much between the different language versions and between different songs, and I found most of the versions simply inferior to the originals. And this is not just about recognizing the songs - I don’t (or didn’t) know over half of the songs in HEA but they just worked well. Then of course there is the obvious issue with the limited viewing location and the barges which have been brought up enough. I wish I had seen it in person, but I don’t think I would’ve loved it.

As for Enchantment, I know I’m in the minority but I really liked it. I think the music was excellent. I’m glad I saw it multiple times and I hope I’ll get to see HEA again.

By the way, I know it has been posted somewhere before but this guy has phenomenal videos of all the mentioned shows, the best there are by a mile.

1 Like

You see I’m suspicious that the anti-Harmonious crowd are just bitter Illuminations obsessives.

1 Like

I had my fill of illuminations but Harmonious was just ugly

It consistently evoked joy in me. Not much else does that.

1 Like

I LOVED Illuminations but I didn’t hate Harmonious.

1 Like

Illuminations was dull. Harmonius was alright but too long.

1 Like

Not a huge illuminations fan either. MK shows are just far superior to me. The castle works as the centerpiece and I think the projections are great too.

2 Likes

I take all recommendations and am willing to stake out spots as long as I can sit while waiting.

Castle and fireworks? Perfection.

Projections just muck everything up. It’s better without them.

3 Likes