Happily Ever After, Epcot Forever Return 4/3

Just announced a return of these two shows!

14 Likes

Finally we have confirmation. Good riddance! That is all. :heart_eyes:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/harmonious/news/10jan2023-disney-announces-the-end-date-for-harmonious-and-confirms-removal-of-the-lagoon-hardware.htm

6 Likes

Oh that’s fabulous! The lagoon will be beautiful again!

#ThanksIger

8 Likes

I’m only a little sad. Harmonious was a good nighttime show with great music.

6 Likes

YES!!! No more barges

7 Likes

Correct (after I FTFY)

4 Likes

When you can’t see the images and don’t recognise half the songs (either haven’t seen the movies or they replace the classic versions) it has little impact.

To me it was a mosh mash of songs with no coherent message at all. What was it supposed to be about? It was just “Disney songs from around the world”.

3 Likes

And nothing makes up for those barges during the rest of the day. However good the show is to some people.

6 Likes

Harmonius was good but not good enough to put up with the barges during the day.

8 Likes

I agree. It would have been better with the original versions of the songs.

3 Likes

don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

5 Likes

hopefully HEA gets a bit of an upgrade too. Nothing major, but better animations in the projections I would love to see (the current ones looked like excerpts from a screen saver), using the main street projections as well… stuff like that.

2 Likes

That would be a nice upgrade

I didn’t personally think they were necessary in Enchantment, but I also didn’t dislike them and I think it’s great to carry the show all the way to Town Square for the masses. It certainly doesn’t detract at all.

2 Likes

As the leading expert on Harmonious, I offer the following (frankly brilliant) analysis.

First, it really mattered where you watched it from. To love it like I did, you had to be square on to the stargate and two of the tacos, and close to them, and right next to a speaker. This meant front of house, near the boat dock. Anywhere else and you lose the intensity of it. This was really noticeable to me when I was not watching it from my preferred spot.

Second, people didn’t really get it. It was a journey around the continents, with music sung by locals from movies set in that continent. The re-recordings were necessary to add authenticity to the journey. The problem is, Disney fans are literally fanatics who won’t accept any change of any kind under any circumstances.

Third, the stargate and tacos were unsightly to those WDW fanatics who knew what the lagoon looked like before Harmonious. I doubt newer visitors cared.

More than any other WDW show, the fireworks were perfectly designed and timed to work coherently with the music and the images. It was brilliant.

Anyhoo, the moaners won and it’s going and I’ll never see it again in real life. Disney is down £100 million but I’ll always have my memories.

13 Likes

Yup, the projections in Enchantment were pretty much pointless. I’d like to see a lot more effort for HEA 2.0 (but yeah, I realize what a herculean chore that is for Disney right now). Something more than than a repeating pattern akin to the BOG dishes.

2 Likes

But you weren’t going to anyway because you’ve quit Orlando. So no big loss for you!

4 Likes

Well, not forever. And Illuminations lasted — what? — two decades? I think I’ll return to WDW at some point in the next twenty years.

1 Like

it was my favorite current show, and the show where they performed the soundtrack live was extra cool

4 Likes

And that is the whole problem with the show in a nutshell. They took a whole lagoon, where viewing angles were almost 360 and reduced them to … 2.

They cared. But it wasn’t a “negative” to them. It was more an anticipation of “I bet that’s going to do something amazing tonight” and then it turned out it was just 4 jumbotrons with LED lighting. So it left them feeling underwhelmed from what they envisioned.

6 Likes

We’re going next at the end of April, and while I vastly preferred Harmonious to Epcot Forever, I am THRILLLLLLED that we’ll get to see HEA instead of the extremely terrible Enchantment. This is good news! Might have to book a dessert party now…

9 Likes