Happily Ever After, Epcot Forever Return 4/3

I just saw the news, and don’t even have a trip to WDW planned anytime soon, but came back here to Touring Plans to celebrate the removal of the awful barges because I know you guys are about the only people who will share the appropriate level of excitement, lol!!!

11 Likes

While it hasn’t been confirmed that the barges will be removed, I think this the general consensus. It also explains the switch to Epcot Forever…which was created to be a temporary show that doesn’t require any specialized components. I can’t help but think this also suggests that the eventual replacement for Harmonious will require the barges to be gone.

There were so many missteps with those barges and Harmonious. One of the biggest was the fact that it now funneled so many people from all the way around (as @Randall1028 mentioned) to a couple prime viewing spots. This only leads to overcrowding, which would further make the experience less than ideal.

Something I saw a while back was a video on the reason Disney even has these shows. They wouldn’t do it if it didn’t ultimately lead to increased revenue. At Epcot, in particular, they want people to stick around to park closing so that guests are buying more food, etc. If people don’t stick around and leave the parks earlier, there is less money. The show needs to be compelling enough to keep people to stay in the park. I’m guessing Harmonious just wasn’t cutting it.

2 Likes

Yes, it has in the Disney Parks Blog article from this morning: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/01/whats-next-for-walt-disney-world-nighttime-spectaculars/

to quote from the article: “Similar to how it appeared in 2021, “EPCOT Forever” is the perfect offering while our Entertainment team preps the Lagoon, including a phased removal of fireworks platforms following the final “Harmonious” performance on April 2.”

6 Likes

Oh! I missed that! That’s great to know it is confirmed by Disney.

Oh you gave the impression that you were never ever coming back

I threw a party and everything

Shit.

11 Likes

One of the best I’ve ever been to, too!

2 Likes

Been wondering about you, girl!

How’s married life?

1 Like

It has. Right in the Disney Parks blog it says a phased removal

Wait.

Who let you in?

I was so busy with all of the guests that I missed that you had snuck through the gate

1 Like

So it does. I’ve now scheduled an appointment with my eye doctor… :wink:

1 Like

Well. Understandable. There were a LOT of people there.

1 Like
3 Likes

Rot in hell, Harmonious.

4 Likes

Aww! Hiii! :wave: I’ve been busy with work and life stuff. And was bummed after our canceled trip in November so I didn’t want to torture myself with all the fun people were having on here. Married life is gooooood 10/10 would recommend. My sweet DH says he’s actually looking forward to our trip in April hehe. I think he’ll like staying at the Poly this time–somehow we found an open DVC slot for when Keith and his friend wanted to reschedule for (but they’re lucky ducks and are staying at BC).

How’ve you been? :blush:

4 Likes

Will anyone be sad to see them go? :joy: I feel like even the people who built them are probably like, “Okay yeah that’s the right choice…”

Bye-bye, water tacos!

4 Likes

I’m good! DD18 is rocking college life, DS14 (15 soon!) is healing nicely from fractured collarbone and is handling being off ice pretty well. I’m gearing up for a quick WDW trip with eleventy other of us here, and I’m in the process of applying for a new role/promotion within my org and my Director has given me full backing on that!

Life is pretty darned good!

I’m so glad to hear things are going so well for you and that you have a new trip planned. Poly will be FANTASTIC - it’s one of my faves and I’m so excited that they’ll be putting 1BR and 2BR in the new tower!

3 Likes

Hey good to see you back. I cant go to the DVC lounge without remembering when we ran into each other.

3 Likes

Well, that’s just not true, is it? They squirted water, they had moving arms, they set off fireworks from them, …

I find the anti-Harmonious mob-mentality slightly bizarre. But then you people voted for Trump, so who knows what craziness you’re capable of.

Harmonious was a terrific show if you knew where to stand.

2 Likes

YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS I WILL BE THERE THE WEEK IT COMES BACK AND WHEN TRON OPENS.

!!!

As the Minnesotans say, HOLY BUCKETS.

12 Likes

Oh what luck!!!

1 Like