Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

So do I. But I’m not going to torture myself with something I don’t like just for a ride. Hence why I will never set foot in anything Star Wars.

Torture is a strong word!

To me, waiting in a line to ride something I have no interest in is torture. Life is too short.

Oh waiting in lines is no fun, that’s fair.

2 Likes

I don’t mind lines when it is something I want to do. LOL.

Me too and I’ve discovered the joy of subtitles, they have improved my ‘hearing’ immensely :laughing:

3 Likes

If I’m watching TV or.a DVD I always put the subtitles on. I miss them at the cinema.

2 Likes

yes, but the volume is SO damn loud I do better in a theater :rofl:

2 Likes

Do you have any AMCs near you? I know around here they usually do at least one open caption show per day per theater for the hot new movies.

2 Likes

In the States we were at some cinema - I think Louisiana, near New Orleans, so big city - and there was a gizmo at each seat that would provide captions.

That was like 6 years ago.

Locally tho we just have to rely on overloud. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: We don’t even get rocking or reclining seats or chow delivered. :blush:

Speaking of Legoland @QwertySC and fun rides @missoverexcited , nearly a decade ago in Legoland in California we had the most funnest experience on a robot attraction. :heart_eyes:

There were maybe 4 or 6 giant robotic arms anchored to the ground. In a previous job they apparently helped make automobiles.

At Legoland they were fitted out with seats and restraints that kept humans pinned whilst they essentially tossed the humans around. What a hoot! As we had undersized 9 yos with us we were only able to do level 3 out of 5.

I read up on these robots and at the time there were a few amusement parks in Europe that used them but only Legoland in California on this continent. I don’t even know if they’re still at Legoland.

If you’re anywhere near a robot flinging humans, get in line.

After putting your shoes and pocket contents in a locker. :blush:

2 Likes

My problem with the GotG movies as they are mostly silliness. They don’t take themselves seriously, and so I feel like I am watching more parody than any serious superhero genre movie. I made myself watch them, but I honestly can’t say I liked them. I like superhero movies that take themselves seriously. Much of the newer MCU movies are too action and out of place humor oriented. GotG is no different.

1 Like

I think the parody feel is intentional. It works for me. It only gets weird when they join up with other heroes in the Avengers films, when they can feel out of place. But mostly it’s been handled delicately enough.

3 Likes

I’m guessing you’re not much if a fan of Antman?

It was fine. Entertaining. Better than GotG, but definitely not on par with X Men, Iron Man, or the Toby Maguire Spidey.

Vol 3 doesn’t seem like it’s going to be too much on the silliness with at least 2 of the cast reporting that the script had them in tears - and not from laughing.

1 Like

2023 :expressionless:

1 Like

May 5, 2023.

Meaning I’ll be seeing it on May 4 in the evening!

1 Like

:+1:

I was just thinking that with losing Yondu and Gamora, I think I can survive anybody else.
But it’s always the sadness of others that gives me the most grief. :confused:

1 Like

We know Zoe’s in Vol. 3 though…

More than a couple of reports have indicated that it’s “the sister’s story” so I’m thinking we’re going to see a lot of Gamora and Nebula in it.