Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

I find them both chaotic and needed to watch both a few times before I really understood either.

That said, I easily grew to like the characters and I think that is all you need for the ride.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t it super-confusing that Chris Pratt is now a main character on both WDW and UORā€™s headline attractions?

3 Likes

No. Most people are capable of separating fandoms in their minds.

3 Likes

FIFY
Heā€™s possibly the only thing in Hollywood I donā€™t hate these days. The Velocicoaster pre-show is nicely done, IMO. Iā€™ve never watched the movies, but the back and forth between the two was something I wish I could have watched through a few more times.

I wonder if he has any rides at Lego-land?

3 Likes

Is it essential to even know the characters?

I know thereā€™s Groot, although not quite sure what he is. Thereā€™s a raccoon. Thatā€™s all I know.

I havenā€™t ridden the one at EP yet. The ride at DLR is fun no matter what. But it does add some context Iā€™m sure.

I had no sense of what was going on in Gringotts and Hagrids and still enjoyed them.
Not so much Transformers, MIB, Fast and Furiousā€¦

1 Like

Completely essential? Probably not.

But the dialogue makes a lot more sense if you know them.

3 Likes

I actually have a very hard time separating the two. If I loathe an actor, I often can NOT watch the movie - even with voice acting. It stinks that I am very good at placing voices.

Lol! If I ride this Iā€™ll be too busy hanging on for dear life to worry about what theyā€™d saying. :joy::joy: Unlikely to hear anything over the sound track anyway.

I said fandoms - as in Jurassic fandom, Marvel fandom, etc.

Not actors.

The dialogue is over the soundtrack.

I have poor hearing in one ear. Often fail to pick up dialogue in a movie, let alone if thereā€™s music playing.

I guess Iā€™ll be testing that tag line: ā€œIn space no one can hear you screamā€. :laughing:

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t become a fan if I couldnā€™t watch the movie to begin with?

And so you wouldnā€™t bother with the ride. Ergo, a moot point.

That doesnā€™t follow at all. I have ridden plenty of rides for films I have no interest in.

1 Like

No - Iā€™d still go on the ride. I went on the Velocicoaster even though Iā€™ve never seen the movies and went on the HP stuff even though Iā€™ve never seen them.

It wasnā€™t confusing to keep the rides sorted though, which is what Matt asked. Dinosaurs and Aliens are easy to keep straight.

2 Likes

I do get what youā€™re saying. If I do go to Universal in April like Iā€™m thinking, I will NOT be doing anything Harry Potter because JKF and her TERF-ness have ruined that franchise for me. Itā€™s a shame because I used to love it, but I cannot separate the two.

2 Likes

Different strokes. I wouldnā€™t waste my time on a ride if I wasnā€™t interested in the franchise.

What can I say, I love rides.

2 Likes

I waited for Hagridā€™s twice more than 80 minutes and would do it again in 100F heat. It was just that novel and exhilirating.

4 Likes