Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

I really haven’t been paying attention to any Genie or ILL stuff since I’m local. GOTG ILL are still available, is that normal? If so is it because it’s more reliable and higher capacity than ROTR?

Probably. Also, I think the system is just so confusing people say “forget it” and don’t bother even trying to ride it.

They really should just allow standby for this attraction. It’s got high capacity and is way more reliable than Rise. THAT said, a full reset does take right around an hour (my preview time slot last month fell right when they had to do a hard reset)

I’m hoping VQ is gone soon. I’ve seen a lot of people visiting the parks on my FB feed saying “forget it, not even gonna mess with it” because of the VQ memories they have of Rise.

Disney is really pushing the envelope IMO. Let people stand in line! (And I’m not a standby line girl, but let people do if it they want)

4 Likes

I think they want to prevent standby lines stretching out into the main walkways. Not only because of traffic flow, but because it requires additional employees to manage an external line. A VQ allows them to ensure the line stays within the bounds of the actual designated area.

2 Likes

Well, some of that is their own damn fault for not making the queue space bigger.

But they really make it so complicated for the first time or occasional visitor, and many just give up.

I see a lot of people turned away at the gate at Disneyland because they buy day tickets and don’t make a park reservation. The average person doesn’t get it, no matter what disney sends them or what pop-up on the website. People just don’t read….plus a lifetime of buying a ticket and showing up? Hard habit to break! Especially as the only theme park requiring reservations!!

It’s a wild time to be a disney fan. Lol

6 Likes

This is certainly true.

2 Likes

If this were true why hadn’t it happened with ROTR or Remy?

1 Like

ROTR was new and exciting and appeals to a different fan base.

Remy opened during the 50th madness.

I think it’s gotten so convoluted at this point people who don’t go all the time or even APs are just like “whatever I’ll wait”.

I’m just giving my .02 (which is worth nothing!). Also, I think Remy and ROTR appeals to more people, as Cosmic Rewind is COOL AF, but, it can be intense for people.

:woman_shrugging:t3: who knows. It’ll be interesting to see how long they keep the VQ for it!!

2 Likes

Our preview wait was long because of downtime. It wasn’t a full hour of no movement though. Then on opening day we had a wait but when we got to the station they were only running 1 side so maybe that hour is only on 1 side?

I’m also one of the few that loves VQ and wish there were more SB that worked that way. We are local so don’t need to fit everything into a few days but I have only done Rise once since it dropped the VQ because it’s just not worth it.

Agree. If someone wants to wait 3 hours for it, let them.

5 Likes

I didn’t realize how much I would tolerate waiting in line until we went in 2019 and wanted to ride Millenium Falcon. My kids and I (and one was 6) waited more than an hour, TWICE, without a complaint. Now, we did complain waiting for FEA because it’s ridiculously dark in there and we thought it would be a 55 minute wait and it went to like 85…

But we just waited 81 and 84 minutes for Hagrid’s and I’d do it again.

5 Likes

Marvel has just as big (if not bigger) of a fan base though. There is a good bit of overlap, but there are those of us who are Marvel fans who have no love (or even like) for Star Wars, and there are some who are opposite. So I don’t think fandom numbers have much if anything to do with it.

3 Likes

The two favorite rides of the kid in my house are Flight of Passage and Rise of the Resistance. They’re not a fan of either Avatar or Star Wars or even most Marvel offerings. GotG definitely a fan. From what I’ve heard of Cosmic Rewind, there may be three favorite rides. :blush:

6 Likes

I’m planning on riding GOTG later this month.

Should I (a) rewatch the first movie or (b) just watch the second one. I tend to forget what happens in movies so I don’t know how lost I’ll be if I just watch the second one. I’m not sure I’m committed enough to watch both.

3 Likes

I couldn’t really remember what happened in the first one when I watched the second. I think either is fine.

3 Likes

FTFY

1 Like

You have questionable taste in movies.

3 Likes

You’re joking! They are such fun films.

2 Likes

Honestly you just need to know who the characters are to enjoy the ride. The ride isn’t canon. On the other hand I love them and would watch them both :grin:

5 Likes

But I think you should watch them in order. I don’t think the second one is a stand alone film to be watched without the context of the first

4 Likes

He really does.

2 Likes