Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

Looking forward to that. And the Sovereign’s Adam is in the movie.

I don’t try to figure out much ahead of time. I merely wait impatiently.

2 Likes

Right. I just stick to trailers mostly. I just also follow several of them on Insta and Twitter so get basics like who’s in. They are on Marvel lockdown when it comes to posts.

Zoe even had to take down a video where she opened a notebook with the cover “Zoe: Georgia” and the brief time you could see ANYthing in it, it looked to simply be her schedule.She was able to green it out and put the video back up, but that’s how tight of a lockdown they’re on - not even the schedule was allowed to be kinda seen.

And when James posted a pic about the film wrapping, he had to clarify that yes, Zoe was with them, but the only pic he had from that night with her had an unannounced actor in it.

1 Like

There is some speculation that she might be in (as that could have been done once Guardians started filming) - or referred to in - a credit scene in Love & Thunder.

1 Like

:hushed:

Can hardly wait for that either.

I might have to actually get a movie ticket

1 Like

I don’t know how accurate that rumor is, but I’ve seen it mentioned in more than one place.

If she is actually in the movie itself, THAT will be the biggest secret they’ve kept since all the other Guardians were spotted in Australia during filming. But she never was.

I’m booking my ticket tomorrow when the tickets go on sale!!

1 Like

Nice thing about this neck of the woods - can probably walk up day of and get a ticket.

I bought early on line for Endgame on the Friday afternoon it was released here. Theater wasn’t full and I’ll bet there are more Avengers fans here than GotG. But not too sure about Thor. There might be plenty of Mjolnir tattoos locally.

1 Like

When I took Merida to the vet for her check-up a few weeks ago, there were 2 Lokis on the board (at Banfield they have a board that lists all the pets coming in that day). I laughed because I almost changed Merida’s name to Gamora in the first week I had her because she can be so hot and cold. The tech who checked us in said one day they had 3 Thors, 2 Lokis, 1 Valkyrie, and a Hulk. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Twenty years ago (or so) it was all Simbas and Pumbas. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, he said whenever there’s a hot movie or show that comes out there is a flood of pets with those names.

1 Like

Like Sum of all Thrills? We loved that.

3 Likes

I was thinking that was what it sounded like!

2 Likes

Just a comment to add - I have never seen Avatar. I love Flight of Passage. You don’t need to see a movie to enjoy a ride.

(I’m a Marvel Fan, and have seen all the movies multiple times)

3 Likes

Well crap. I was at Epcot 4 times! Completely missed that the “simulator” was a robotic arm.

oh well. Probably for the best. Likely I’d have been there all day (quite sure I’d have been down a design rabbit hole). We had newbies with us on each of those trips. Might have been inconsiderate.

:blush:

1 Like

I think this is why I didn’t enjoy the ride as much as others. (Keep in mind that the ride was down during our preview, and we stood in the hot sun for over an hour, which very negatively affected my mood.)
I really enjoyed the movies and found the characters entertaining and hilarious. I thought the characters would be more of an integral part of the experience, like they are in ROTR. Instead, I felt like Disney created this whole new storyline about Xandar, and the GOTG storyline and characters were just a sidebar to the ride. That is what disappointed me. It was a thrilling roller coaster, and the music makes it fun (depending on the song you get), but I almost felt like Chris Pratt was reading his few lines from a script. Just my opinion though.
So to answer your question, I think you can have mostly the same experience on the attraction whether you have seen the movies or not. You do, however, need to see the pre-show stuff in the attraction to understand their mission.

2 Likes

From the videos I have seen, Chris’ performance for the ride was, as my kids like to say, “cringe.” I generally enjoy his acting, but that was just…bad! It was almost like he couldn’t believe he had to do this, and was almost mocking his own part in it. (If that was what he was going for then…his acting was brilliantly executed!)

(His acting for the part he plays for Velocicoaster was significantly better…but far from Oscar worthy.)

2 Likes

I haven’t seen what he did for VelociCoaster, but given that he’s doing a TV interview for his bit in the line (where I’ve seen the bulk of the complaints), I thought it was supposed to be awkward. It’s kind of what I would have imagined StarLord would be like if being interviewed for a TV show. And no, I’m not a huge apologist for him…I have some issues with some things about him and don’t think he’s perfect. But I do think that the awkwardness and stiffness fits for that purpose.

3 Likes

Oh yeah - look how weird the Peter Quill character gets with Thor on the Milano.
Media interview, probably weird too.

1 Like

Want!

8 Likes

What is that?

It’s a magnet in the GotG store.

4 Likes