Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

That’s too bad. My phone is Android. The “fun” thing, when looking at the attraction details page, was Rocket walks on from the side, and stands there, impatiently waiting, tapping his foot, maybe doing something else (I forget what) then walks off the side. It was almost like he was waiting for me to come along, when the ride opens.

2 Likes

Found it :slight_smile: thx, I wish there was sound

1 Like

So if we add a day to our tickets for May 27, how bad is Epcot going to be. We would be staying in the Swan, so I’m trying to figure out what our strategy should be? I’ve never attempted a ride the first day (even the first six months) it’s opened. I try to avoid that kind of thing normally.

1 Like

For those of you who have been at EPCOT during the special preview events of rides like Remy, etc., what do you expect crowds to be like for Friday, May 13? Do the people just come to ride the one ride then leave?

If you have dates for the sneak peaks, will you please post them? Just curious who is getting to ride on what days.

2 Likes

We did the Rat preview but it was also opening day at space 220

To be honest we rope dropped space 220 (our Remi reservation was at 4pm ) lol crowd was ridiculous

3 Likes

My experience with new rides in the past would indicate that you will have a hard time getting anywhere near GotG, but that the rest of the park will be merely “very busy.” Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t try, and if you have the ability to ride GotG you should definitely go. But I wouldn’t avoid the park necessarily.

3 Likes

If it uses boarding groups you will have to try to get a BG or an iLL at 7.

I will be interested in if it will be added to deluxe hours and the impact that will have.

5 Likes

Oh yeah…boarding groups have generally been 7am too. Ugh…Do we remember if onsite guests had any advantage with the boardimg groups in the past?

1 Like

I don’t think so? I think you just needed an APR?

1 Like

Well here is hoping that their loading capacity is a little better than RotR and there will be a good deal of boarding groups available.

2 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

So what would be the best way to get a notification when the AP previews go live? I don’t check email often enough to be watching for it and don’t get any pop up notifications from any groups. Just don’t want to miss it sigh.

1 Like

Just saw a commercial for the ride during American idol
:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m afraid I don’t know. Maybe tag one of the AP holders upthread?

1 Like

You can check here… if they, do it the way they did for Remy then you should have time to participate.

1 Like

I saw the commercial also during Street Outlaws. I love the energy of that movie and am so glad it’s going to be a ride. It looks so fun! But I am wondering about Quill being asleep?

3 Likes

My first thought was “I guess they couldn’t get Chris Pratt for filming?” :joy:

4 Likes

We are thinking about booking a last-minute trip for 5/8-5/15. We have AP’s that are not yet activated. We would likely activate for this trip. I have not received any emails about this AP preview. I will keep watching here, but will someone please let me know if you hear that registration is open? Thanks!
On a related note, crowd calendar shows relatively low crowds for 5/8-5/15 (mostly 5’s and 4’s). Does anyone know if the May crowd calendar has been reviewed/updated recently?

1 Like

oohh! I bet you’re probably right. :grin:

I got this thread to pop up as a text for me lol so I’m really hoping someone posts here since odds are I’ll get distracted and miss the email. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like