Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

I read (maybe in this thread) that the APs have to be activated for you to get the preview.

3 Likes

that’s my understanding however, @Dreamer might have had a different experience w/ Remy.

1 Like

They didn’t get any of the ride footage with the cast’s live actors filmed until they regrouped for vol. 3, the Holiday Special, and the ride. My guess is that is in final production right now, so most of the commercial was likely done CGI/without the actual cast.

1 Like

I didnt get the DVC preview email, i hope they send me the one when registration is open. Do you have to be using your DVC points to get the email? Im going to be there May 14-16. I have direct DVC points, but staying on rented points for the trip.

There were a few ppl that used both DVC and AP previews for Remy: @Dreamer @galuchies_463555 @DumboRunner ??? I believe you’ll get an email if you have a DVC reservation made already.

3 Likes

You won’t necessarily need the email. Someone can share the link here and you can access it that way. Since you are a qualifying member (DVC direct purchase only) you’ll be able to register. Does not matter where you’re staying on the date of, nor how the stay is being paid for.

2 Likes

No this is not true. I do not have a DVC reservation during the (anticipated) preview dates but I received the email.

I think the whole email system - like so much of Disney IT - is just crap. People get or don’t get what they should (or should not!) whenever the system feels like pushing things through. I received an invitation to Moonlight Magic back in 2019 when I was just a white card member

5 Likes

argh… I HATE Disney IT!!!

4 Likes

I agree with @OBNurseNH, I would not rely on getting the email. We can all post here when the emails go out just in case.

4 Likes

Thanks guys! Definitely share here when you get the link :slight_smile: also, how many people get to ride on a DVC preview? The whole party or just the owners?

I did the DVC Remi preview on rented points

Never got the email just followed the link

1 Like

The whole party on the reservation gets to ride under DVC

1 Like

Ok - booked May 18-23 - now just need to be able to get in on AP Preview on one of those dates! I think this is becoming a trend - go to WDW every 6 weeks :joy: (ok this will likely be the last for this AP, unless we go once more in Sept before it expires)

4 Likes

May 15 is for D23 members.
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/guardians-of-the-galaxy/news/06apr2022-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind-preview-date-announced-for-d23-gold-members.htm

Height min is 42".
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/guardians-of-the-galaxy/news/06apr2022-height-requirement-confirmed-for-guardians-of-the-galaxy-cosmic-rewind.htm

2 Likes

I wonder if he’s too familiar in association with another local attraction involving raptors….

1 Like

Although the Cleveland Baseball club cited an actual local connection when they re-named themselves as the Guardians, I wonder how much the success of the GotG played into that decision.

(This from a resident of a city whose basketball team is named after the stars of a Spielberg blockbuster)

Is this the first, with DVC and AP coming later?

Wouldn’t they do the CMs first?

I don’t know the hierarchy. I’m just trying to guess how crowds will be affected on the 13th.

1 Like

No, not the first group, but the first one with a specific date. Yes, they’d do CMs first.

Higher up in this thread, three days ago, the above was what Len said. Elsewhere, I’ve seen it mentioned that Cast exclusive interviews would begin in April, followed by CMs with friends and family in May. That means CMs would be in the first group to get a preview. No specific dates have been mentioned (publicized) yet, beyond those for D23 Gold members on the 15th. Speculation is that AP/DVC previews will be sandwiched between the dates for Golden Oak/Club 33 and for D23, during the second week of May.

Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems like there would be a bump in crowd levels, but I sure don’t know how big.

5 Likes

Has the D23 preview been a paid event in the past?

1 Like

One could look at the crowd calendar How We Did or actual v predicted for when Remy opened to get a handle on that I would think.

3 Likes