Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

I found this article on Motion sickness for Cosmic Rewind to be very helpful! I think the advice will vary based on the type of motion sickness you are prone to, but overall the recommendation to eat about an hour before you ride (NOT on an empty stomach) is good. Also I’d add to make sure you’re hydrated. They also say to sit in the middle car, left seat. Apparently CMs who have ridden it a bunch feel that is the calmest seat.

4 Likes

You know the eating and being hydrated thing makes sense.

The only time I’ve felt queasy after FOP or EE was when I rode first thing or early on and before I ate. And often at the end of the trip when my hydration status would be at its worst.

4 Likes

All I can tell you is that even though they tell you to have the confirmation email with you and a photo ID, all they did was scan our magic bands. Maybe someone else can confirm if this was also their experience?

3 Likes

I do think you are right. Riding this attraction on an empty stomach would have made things much worse. We had our big meal of the day for lunch @ 12:40 and our preview @ 4:30. (Due to the ride being down, we actually didn’t ride it until around 5:30.) I would advise having some food in your stomach.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this!

2 Likes

I got a reminder email for my DVC preview yesterday, but I still do not show an EC park res in MDE. I stopped and asked a CM about it at one of those blue umbrellas the other day and he said the APR would appear 72 hours before the day. I’ll let y’all know if it shows up in my plans on Sunday. My APR for my AP preview showed up the same day I made the reservation…soooo I don’t know what the difference there is in technology use/notification, but it is Disney IT… Goofy shoestring budget thing I guess.

3 Likes

We’re in hopping in/out of EP May 21-23.

Any speculation if regular park goers will be able to get soft open access to GOTG before the official opening date?

The general feeling seems to be no chance.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking but also know if there is a chance to ride, I’ll learn it here.

1 Like

Preview today. A. MAY. ZING!!!
Smooth like 7D. Like SM: in the dark. MtE: several backwards moves. ARockin R: music to jam too. If you don’t like roller coasters Stay OFF. It runs really smooth but the vehicle does move/rotate around a lot. You will pull some Gs. I get nauseous on BTMRR bc it jerks around so much; I won’t ride it anymore. My tummy got upset on mtE last week…. Don’t know why.

Only one ride per reservation today. Boo

11 Likes

Great pics!

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m sad I missed the opportunity to have three icons on the pic. I’ll be watching :rofl:

2 Likes

Missed opportunity. Gift shop NOT open. Remy’s was during previews

5 Likes

So glad you were able to ride and that you liked it! Your ability to ride without significant motion sickness is a great sign for me. :crossed_fingers:

I love how you are doubling down on all those heretical acronym variants. :joy:

4 Likes

This one is particularly agregious, since the ride doesn’t take place in Everest. Instead, we are riding in the Forbidden mountain while on our expedition to get to Everest. This is why the full name has “Legend of the Forbidden Mountain” in it. The Forbidden Mountain is NOT Everest!

2 Likes

A little late, but I got to ride with my mom last Tuesday! We are both prone to motion sickness (I can go on MF:SM so long as I’m in a front seat, she hasn’t even stepped foot in the queue), and she was slightly more affected than I was. I needed about 10-15 minutes afterwards to recoup, while she wasn’t back to normal until dinner (I sat on the right, she was on the left). For reference, I can’t read a book or phone for longer than 2-3 minutes when in a moving car.

Overall the experience was just plain fun! The music was fantastic, and the rollercoaster itself was very, very smooth. We physically probably would not have been able to ride again, but that didn’t matter since there were no re-rides. We also didn’t receive any ride pictures, and figured that system was probably being tested as well. My mom also hadn’t seen any of the GOTG movies before, but the story of the ride and the characters still made sense and was enjoyable!

10 Likes

Wait, what? This is new information!

2 Likes

At first I thought you were saying it was smooth, like Space Mountain. :joy: Or as I like to call it Batterhorn East.

7 Likes

glad you enjoyed it!

1 Like

Three more days! Can’t wait to go Thursday afternoon. I fly to Orlando on Wednesday. Tomorrow at work is going to drag :crazy_face:

4 Likes