Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

Thank you. I was wondering about this. :blush:

Ohh thatā€™s huge-

Thank you for pointing this out
@Jsanta26 were they able to resolve this?

1 Like

Itā€™s not resolved. They are aware of the issue- so you just have to go to a blue umbrella and see if they can help you (after booking each one). Iā€™d recommend planning a stacking afternoon day that day or just skip LL all together.

I was able to do everything I wanted at HS by11:30, with no LL used, Except for a TSMM which they changed to an anytime pass.

3 Likes

It is! I struggle with a lot of motion sickness from time to time due to an inner ear problem from a decade ago. So I have to have a prescription.

Dramamine doesnā€™t cut it. Half the time Dramamine makes me feel sicker. :joy::joy:

But full disclosure? I have a lot of weird health problems and allergies, so Iā€™m a complete weirdo in that respect.

3 Likes

Can confirm. Sheā€™s a disaster area.

5 Likes

I love that no one here is satisfied with ā€˜everyone is differentā€™ in response to evaluating this and instead is doubling down on devising a rubric of every possible kind of nausea.

I am a ā€˜canā€™t read in the car but fine on most rollercoastersā€™ subtype. Rides plus screens depend mostly on a pretty set algorithm of how well slept/fed/hydrated I am more than anything.

A friend with a similar profile to me - the only big no for them is Mission Space with a similar iffy range including Mission Breakout (but no problem on ToT, something to do with focal points thereā€¦) and Forbidden Journey - reports that they did well on their preview but only got to go once.

4 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Another helpful data point. Thanks!

Here now (4:47) in line. Reservation was for 4:30, got in line at 4:10. Queue wraps around the side of the building and and is mostly in sun. Line is at a standstill for some reason. Itā€™s hot :hot_face:. Will report back!
Uploading: 689AF228-CD20-4E7B-9809-2632EF55076B.jpegā€¦
Uploading: 5662FFB5-5A49-4DC4-9BDD-9E7AB7A399DC.jpegā€¦

Why wonā€™t my pictures load? :confounded:

4 Likes

Bad wifi connection.

2 Likes

I just saw on the DFB insta story they showed the AP preview line and it wrapped forever down by Connections Cafe and Creations Shop.

2 Likes

Ride was down for about 45 minutes. I just got off about 10 mins ago

2 Likes

First 30 seconds or so, awesome.
Once the cars started swaying, it made me nauseated.
Like the backwards part of EE- I can handle it but only for those few seconds. But this kept repeating.
I didnā€™t love that feeling so Iā€™m on the fence about doing it again.

5 Likes

Oh noā€“Iā€™ve been so excited about this ride and that backwards part on EE is the only thing in WDW that gives me motion sickness. (ETA: I will not ride MS orange but nothing else bothers me). I get such a headache. But the fact you are still debating riding again means that it must have been a great ride.

6 Likes

In the building at 5:00 and off the ride by 5:45. Altogether 1 hour,35 mins. I guess the ride went down for a while?
Anyway, no spoilers for now. Iā€™ll just comment on the motion sickness. I took the Dramamine non-drowsy ginger pills about a half hour before entering the queue. Not sure if it helped or not, but I didnā€™t think it was too bad. It is a smooth coaster (as coasters go). Backwards motion did not bother me. DH was fine with no meds. Interestingly, DS (22) and DS (20) were a little more dizzy/nauseous than either of us, but recovered quickly. No repeat rides.

7 Likes

Glad the ginger pills helped! (or werenā€™t needed. ha!)

3 Likes

Oohh sorry!
I am Leaning a little more towards the ā€œnoā€ vs the ā€œyesā€

I had asked someone about the comparison between Gringotts and GoTG.

5 Likes

Anyone check their photo pass for a Pic? I donā€™t have one but others Iā€™ve spoke to got one.

1 Like

Can someone whoā€™s been to a preview share how they work? My husband and I are scheduled for an AP preview next week. He is not planning to ride due to motion sickness issues. Will I be able to use his MB to ride a second time?

2 Likes