Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

:rofl: :rofl:
I know it’s been a few weeks but I was all OHH NOO gotta brush up on the acronyms again

1 Like

This has me crying laughing

thank you I needed a giggle today

• in my crazy world the acronym EDP is for emotionally disturbed person and is generally used when describing half naked homeless people on the subway…not a term I am used to seeing on a disney forum
1 Like

4 Likes

I really hope it is not as bad as Forbidden Journey. I had to close my eyes on that one.

1 Like

Len rode it like three or four times

2 Likes

Ok - attempting a non spoilerish review, posting about the process we went through for the dvc preview. I haven’t yet read about Len’s experience but looking forward to hearing what he thought!

I was there today for the dvc preview. My preview time was at 2:30. We’d been in epcot earlier in the day and had taken a break back at boardwalk so walked back over at 1:45 or so. When we got back to the Guardians ride area it was nuts and the line to get in to just the immediate area in front of the star cruiser was around and back to in front of connections cafe. It ended up being about 10-15 min in that line before they confirmed our dvc status (it looked like there were a bunch of people with 3 or 3:30 times, so they were trying to make sure only people with 2 or 2:30 times were in the line). Once we got through there we waited about 25 min until we finally got to the loading platform. Where the lights promptly came on and I nearly had a heart attack that they were going to make us all leave! Instead it was about a 5 min delay and then cars started going again.

I absolutely loved this ride. I thought it was great. I’m not super prone to motion sickness, and Remy usually is ok for me and I love EE but the backwards part definitely jerks me around. This was a lot smoother for me. My husband liked it a lot too and both my kids mostly liked it but thought the music was too loud.

I was nervous we wouldn’t get to reride but I asked and they said we just had to get in line again. However they had opened up more outdoor queue area and it ended up being a little more than an hour wait the second time. While I would have loved to go a third time my kids were super done and ready for food, so we went and got food. Seemed like the line was back down to a manageable state for others who wanted to ride again (probably 30ish min? Maybe 45 depending on if there were any more ride issues).

5 Likes

This is actually really encouraging. Even a minor issue at something like RotR takes at least 20 minutes to clear and reset. Same with most other rides - 10 minutes minimum. (I’ve seen it happen on Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, etc.). Maybe this was even less than an “issue,” but the ability to perform a 5-minute refresh is a great sign.

3 Likes

It’s so hard to gauge the motion sickness factor, since everyone is different. But reports are making me nervous !

1 Like

I listened to Len’s comments on the Disney Dish, and he said it is most similar to the way he feels after EE or Mad Tea Party, NOT Star Tours (which he says is worse for him). That is encouraging for me because the prior two rides don’t affect me at all. The latter does.

3 Likes

Went ahead and watched a POV video, because why not. I don’t know when I’ll be back. Better looking than I expected. Similar to what a modern Space Mountain should look like.

3 Likes

This is so me.
It’s not like the actual experience is a big let down when you finally try it! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I’m like that with rides and movies. Always more enjoyable when I’m somewhat prepared. Completely new experiences tend to zoom right over my head. Whoosh. I’m then off on a tangent wondering what was that and missing stuff.

If I’ve got an inkling ahead ahead of time, I can keep up better. :blush:

2 Likes

Me too! Especially movies. Drives my kids crazy that I want to know what’s happened first.

1 Like

@Jsanta26 posted this in the main Genie+ thread. It applies to GOTG preview APRs.I thought I’d also put it here.

3 Likes

Popping in to post a review (you’re welcome @sanstitre_has_left_the_building )

I had some business in Orlando last minute this last weekend, and a friend invited me to a preview on Saturday when they found out I was going to be there. So I decided to stay overnight instead of just flying in for the day to handle stuff. LOL (Don’t worry, I feel just as insane as you probably think I am right now)

Let me state the following…I get motion sickness. Screens are NOT my friend. Flight of Passage & Soarin’ both make me woozy. I can ride Remy, but I cannot wear the glasses.

So I didn’t go in fully “unspoiled”, because I asked someone I knew who had ridden it if they thought I needed anti-nausea medication and they told me yes. So I took Zofran as we were walking into the preview. I walked in right as the ride went down, so it was about an hour before we got on. (enough time for medication to be fully kicked in)

First ride, I was a little woozy when I got off. BUT OMG IT WAS SO COOL. So much so, that I was talked into going a second time, even though I felt a little bit icky.

The second time, I didn’t get as woozy, because I knew what to expect.

The attraction is SO well done. I’m not one to gush about things, but this is EPIC. Yes it spins, yes it goes different directions, but it’s smooth. Probably the smoothest coaster I’ve ever been on. (Disclaimer: I’ve never been to Universal in Orlando)

10/10 from me. I do wish I had been able to watch a ride-thru online before I went, but I was traveling all week and never had the chance to look for one online.

I cannot wait to take my kids on it next month, and of course I cannot wait to ride with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building when he gets back stateside!! I think he is absolutely going to flip out in the best ways possible!

13 Likes

A heads up. Report in the lines chat is that there were no re-rides this morning or yesterday. Bummer!

1 Like

On the contrary, I think we would have thought you were insane not to grab this opportunity.

5 Likes

I just operate under the assumption that if you participate in these forums, insanity is the norm.

8 Likes

Quite.

Thanks for sharing your experience! That is comforting. Is Zofran prescription? Trying to decide if I should look into that …