Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster opens May 27

Haha. Glad you caught the punctuation.

1 Like

I do what I want :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

about APR: I wrote earlier GS told me our EC APR would show up 72 hrs in advance; it didn’t. I stopped by GS in EC today b/c DH’s DVC mbr preview is this Wednesday and there was still no APR. I had the printed email confirmation and I had picked up HS for him. It took a minute but the CM at GS changed the HS to EC for us. And then all the CMs and guests in there talked about our preview experiences. Everyone loved it, of course. No one complained about motion sickness. D-23 mbrs got 4 rides and CMs got as many as they wanted (lucky ducks).

6 Likes

me too!!

1 Like

The ride has been added to the Extended Evening Hours, but with a special VQ at 6pm. You don’t have to be in the park at that time to join.

5 Likes

Now that’s cool

3 Likes

I guess so.

Might have been preferable to just have a stand-by line for those hours.

But good it’s been added.

1 Like

Nah. This keeps folks from wasting their entire perk standing waiting for one thing. I like it. I can do other things while waiting for my VQ to come up

1 Like

Sorry, failed miserably at embedding the tweets.

Scott Gustin has just confirmed how the VQs will work in a series of tweets:

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1526624212319879168?s=20&t=pjz4V7E_EhkScls7PkX-qw

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1526624580651167746?s=20&t=pjz4V7E_EhkScls7PkX-qw

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1526625269385252867?s=20&t=pjz4V7E_EhkScls7PkX-qw

4 Likes

It was in the Disney Parks Blog article, but he confirms specifically that even if you were successful earlier in the day during regular hours, you can still try again in the evening.

1 Like

So this is super cool

A deluxe guest could potentially ride three times in a day: VQ reg hrs, ILL$, and VQ extended hours

5 Likes

Yay! I’m excited for this!

Our preview is at noon and they won’t let us get in line until 11:55. We showed up at 11:35 :hot_face: Shoulda lied about my time it’s TOO hot outside today. Waiting in creation in the AC

3 Likes

Ok… got back to the car and it reads temp at 114 degrees :flushed:

second Cosmic ride w/ different song (DVC preview… only DVC mbrs inline today). Our sound track today: Everybody wants to Rule the world (Tears for Fears). I liked my first ride (Monday AP) w/ One Way or Another better. Also, since we had to wait before being allowed inline DH grabbed a kids chicken strip meal, to share, at Connections, and I believe that really helped my tummy. My first ride I got a bit nauseous about half way through…pulling those Gs. On Monday I just had coffee (in myroom) and then half a Mickey pretzel.

The line took 60 min to get to AC (inside the bldg today). The line started at the far entrance of Connections but when we got out it was gone. On Monday I was the first group and NO one was in line at all; it was a total walk on. Today the line helped me be able to slow down and actually look at everything. They have pointless small umbrellas up in the mouse trap, I brought my own umbrella.

6 Likes

Question: does the ride vehicle move differently depending on the song as well?

Like ToT, each ride on GOTG Mission Breakout is different and may be associated with the song you get.

3 Likes

I didn’t notice a change in the two different ride experiences at all, but someone else may know something I don’t. I believe the song choice effects mood though. I was happy, pumped up, and singing the whole time w/ One Way or Another. I felt let down w/ Tears for Fears and I like them. I eventually was able to tune it out and just enjoy the ride. That sounds odd but music effects ppl differently.

ETA: The ride is fast paced and it felt better w/ a peppier song

6 Likes

Doesn’t sound odd at all.

Part of the reason I ask is that, while I like all except one of the songs being used, they all have a really different vibe.

I love Tears For Fears but I agree it seems super mellow for this kind of ride. Conga seems over the top though. The rest feel like they hit the right stride

4 Likes

exactly!

2 Likes

It will be interesting to experience the ride w/ all the different song choices. I hope I get to do that :wink:

2 Likes

Ours never showed for DVC preview either it became a hassle with genie +, das and ADR -

But 100 % worth it that was the best ride in a while!

3 Likes