Genie+ modifications coming?

That’s also the date they open ticket sales for 2023.

6 Likes

Very interesting :thinking:

Read more online ! I want to push that button :laughing:

2 Likes

All I’ll say - since @FOMOm_VA is the one who shared it is that this feels more like them giving us the two up

“Thank you for your feedback. We DGAF. Enjoy! And have a magical day!”

5 Likes

Variable pricing coming (like park tickets)??

3 Likes
2 Likes

You can still add it to future trips with a package (for the whole trip) it looks like.

I thought that’s exactly what you can no longer do

3 Likes

Yes it says “if you have already purchased a ticket or a package THAT INCLUDES G+ it will be honored”

I don’t think you can add it at this time if you didn’t already buy it that way

2 Likes

You can add it to a package or ticket up until June 8. After June 8 you won’t be able to add it anymore. And if I had to guess, I’d say that will mean variable (higher) pricing per day.

2 Likes

I really don’t think so.

The verbiage is “If guests have already purchased a ticket or package that includes Disney Genie+ service for the dates later in 2022, the service will be honored during their visit.”

It does not sound from that like it can be added. I hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

I can book a package right now for later this year that includes it.

ETA: Just changed my reservation for November to include it for length of stay

3 Likes

To clarify, per DPB the change starts June 8. So buy Genie+ no later than June 7.

"Starting June 8, Disney Genie+ will only be offered for purchase through the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit – we will no longer offer the option to purchase this service pre-arrival as a ticket add-on for dates remaining in 2022 and in 2023. "

2 Likes

I just went to fake-purchase park tickets and it gave me the option to add it.

3 Likes

As of right now, Undercover Tourist allows you to buy tickets with G+ still beyond June 7.

1 Like

Again I hope I’m wrong. But it wouldn’t shock me if the booking engine wasn’t updated in a timely fashion to coincide with this update.

I’m sharing word for word what the email stated. There is nothing in the email about “your guests can add it until 6/8”.

2 Likes

yay so now EVERYONE has to wake up early to add it to their accounts.

(where’s my rage graphic?)

Disney Guests: How can we make this worse?
Josh: I got an idea!! Lemme check with Bob first!

14 Likes

This 100%.
The gall of them to tell us they value TA’s while taking away commissions (no matter how small) in the same paragraph is insulting.

7 Likes

Yes.

Chapek: We hear your concerns. And it isn’t fair that some people have to get up early to buy it and others do not. So we will make it fair. EVERYONE MUST NOW WAKE UP EARLIER ON VACATION THAN THEY DO FOR WORK AT HOME!!!

11 Likes

Nobody better take my BP right now.

My blood is boiling.

5 Likes