Genie - Initial Impressions

Does anyone think the in-site Genie+ advantage was a launch mistake? What will be left to book at HS after 9?

3 Likes

Not impressed so far.

1 Like

Going to be interesting to watch ROTR wait times balloon today.

6 Likes

I hope not. I think the ILL$$$ 7am booking ‘onsite advantage’ as an insult. G+ on the other hand, on-site getting a head start. Now we are talking.

2 Likes

My main question now. Say you had MK reservations for today and Park Hoppers. Could you reserve SDD now, which would be late afternoon? Then go to MK and do standby until your next G+ window opens up.

I don’t know about you guys, but my TP subscription now seems like such a bargain it was free. Also, I have the 2022 kindle on pre-order on Amazon, and the physical on hold at the library. Woot!

2 Likes

Where are you seeing this info? In genie? I dont see any news on it. What an unpleasant way to wake up this morning. At least I see it 3 times last trip.

2 Likes

I was able to refresh and found a SDD at 12:45. I’m assuming this will get “discovered” pretty quickly.

4 Likes

Next to the “Target Audience for G+” is a photo of my family. Just now I was able to add G+ for our tickets in Feb. After tax, 3 people 10-days was $479. I am shocked it went through and didn’t crash.

2 Likes

My tip board has never worked so far. Just error messages.

2 Likes

Well, less than a minute of exploring the new MDE app, I managed to get it to crash. And all I was doing was scrolling the home screen!

Do you get the page with the two tabs - Tip Board and My Day? My Day just nags me to get an APR, but the Tip Board works.

1 Like

What about all that training?! :flushed:

2 Likes

Oh yes I got that and set up My Day.
I presume the My Tip Board wasn’t giving me anything because My Day is so far away.

Other odd thing I noticed, when prompted to select my Eating options, it didn’t list Pongu Pongu.
But hey it listed Pizzafari.

1 Like

What this tells us is that the return time for Slinky was already at 1:40pm by the time he booked it, which was at some point before park opening.

So that shows either that lots of people are booking or that they aren’t releasing many passes. Either way, that’s going to make for some difficult decisions for those “almost top tier rides”. Especially if staying offsite and cannot rope drop them.

4 Likes

The top board and everything else work for me currently but when I look at the map of AK which is open it does not show wait times in the map. Maybe it is just mine or they are really pushing to use the top board and not the map

1 Like

There were never enough FP+ for the quasi-headliners, and that was with 80% of ride capacity being used for FP+. There’s no way everyone who wants to ride SDD or similar will be able to pull a G+.

1 Like

This is my favorite #geniefail so far…

20 Likes

Couple of.observations:

• Today is probably not the best day to figure out availability - every blogger, news outlet, etc, is trying this out, plus you have the D23 free offer
  • It will be interesting to see if more availability is added throughout the day
  • I can’t wait until we liners figure out all the tricks to this. Already just by mad refreshing I saw a 9:40 am Slinky pop up.
22 Likes

:joy::joy:

2 Likes