Genie - Initial Impressions

I knew LL$$$ was going to work that way, but missed the intel about genie+ working that way too! At least we have a month before we go to get it all figured out!

5 Likes

I had seen it spelt out that G+ would not work that way so it’s a pleasant surprise to me too. I knew LL$ did.

4 Likes

I saw that too this morning. Upgraded and explored. I like it… so far…

You can purchase ahead, but you can’t make a reservation until in park if you’re offsite.

2 Likes

I picked Upgrade Now and I have nothing showing Genie in the app, and the Play Store shows no updates.

I even went and added a park reservation for today and nothing.

Restarted my phone and now the update appeared. Let’s see what this looks like.

Yes, I thought the video said only the paid option had the on-site advantage.

4 Likes

I was prompted to upgrade, but when I clicked to upgrade and it took me to Google Play Store, it shows the app is already updated to latest…from Aug. 13.

So then I searched for it manually, and I see the new app icon in the results. But when I click it, it takes me to the same app I already have installed.

I then tried to manually update any apps, but it says I am up to date.

I suspect they didn’t make this app compatible with Android 12.

I had the same experience. I restarted my phone and the upgrade finally appeared in the Play Store

2 Likes

Ah. Yep. I see it now. That’s…weird. but whatevs. I’m in now.

Ok, that worked. Kind of dumb.

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1450418132070412290?s=21

1 Like

That’s not what I’ve seen reported but I’m happy about it, I wasn’t onboard with no onsite advantage at all.

3 Likes

Upgraded this morning and was just playing around. When I logged in to the ride selection at 7:09, nearly every ride except for Splash was available between 9 and 9:15. By 7:11 the rides available were in the 10 to 11 zone.

6 Likes

Ugh. Not loving this though.

1 Like

I just saw SDD already in the afternoon. I don’t see any other attraction that late. Most are 9ish or 10ish at this point.

2 Likes

Len reported this yesterday on the Disney Dish too. This was one of the top questions I was hoping would be answered today.

3 Likes

Looks like ROTR is selling. EE is definitely not. The rest look like there may be a few purchases, but the current times are really close to park opening.

HS is definitely going to be an issue for G+. If they “sell out” the of SDD and any other headliners, people are going to be ticked.

3 Likes

Well I guess I’m canceling my trip…

3 Likes

I guess we should watch to see if they held back anything for on-site?

I didn’t even think about that until I read your post.

1 Like

7:26am eastern time. SDD is 4pm and MFSR is 1:25pm

4 Likes