Genie - Initial Impressions

Note that TP has values on the y-axis. MDE/Genie does not.

Score: Another point for TP.

8 Likes

I think Genie will be useful, but @len has nothing to worry about.

7 Likes

I am interested in the same things you are, the pace at which everything gets disbursed. HS is flying, SDD after 4:00 and MFSR after 3:00. It is only paused because everyone has to wait until 11:00 to get their next one.

If they limited that first grab to onsite, the advantage is real.

The HS ILLS win for fastest disbursement too - ROTR gone until 6:00, MMRR gone through 3:00. No other park comes close.

2 Likes

I think this is intentional. Genie just wants you to know the relative wait times throughout the day. NOT that you can do the Bug anytime. So, looking at that, a newbie might think, "I need to start with the Bug while wait times are lower, and do FOP after lunch. "

3 Likes

I agree with this. The speed at which some are going just perpetuates the demand because no one knows what to expect. If the wait times aren’t terrible then I imagine some folks will be mad that they paid for something that had a short wait. At least at DLP the vast majority of the time you could see the wait RIGHT NOW and then choose to pay or wait. The times weren’t so crazy far into the future.

2 Likes

Where did you go to add?

In MDE using my desktop, I went to the tickets, and then I modified.

“Change ticket” was at the bottom of where it listed my dates.

2 Likes

I’m actually sort of surprised that I can see the tip board and next available times given that I don’t have a ticket etc today - I’m just looking. I figured I wouldn’t be able to see this and would have to rely on reports.

I also wonder how many people will ever refresh and assume that what they get for their return time with be it and just not fully use the system. Found another SDD at 11:25 after listing after 6. I do wonder though if it’s the same system as before or people giving up times as they are playing with the system.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: you said this, but I had to see it to get it!

3 Likes

Ok, dumb question of the day. How do I refresh the MDE app on an android?

You can still pull down from the top.

Did you buy a package or were the tickets bought separately? I don’t want to add it to all days but just looked out of curiosity and I don’t have that option.

I think Disney’s said they won’t cap Genie+ sales even if all slots for headliners are gone.

4 Likes

At least it was free then. Now that people are paying, that is not going to go so well.

1 Like

My first observations:

I think all the bloggers went to HS. AK is wide open for availability.

Love that we can see today’s activity to monitor.

Love that refresh is live and well. Hate that you have to scroll down so far to see if it worked. “Modify” used to be so nice for that.

I don’t hate the interface either. It was a bit confusing at first, but then there are tons of ways to get where you are trying to go. Kind of fool proof.

Interesting that you can’t select the smaller entertainment choices, but it will suggest them to you. Love these entertainers, so happy to see them get some love. I lpersonally like seeing what time the different world show case performers are up, but understand why they don’t want people checking off all of them for their plans.

I also do not see a limit on # of attractions you can choose.

I also do not see a way to tell it I am park hopping. Maybe that is a “day of” thing.

5 Likes

Am I really the only person getting all those error screens?

Maybe :pleading_face:

I bought tickets from a 3rd party discounter and then linked.
The options are add them to your tickets for every day or buy day-of. I don’t think Disney IT can figure out how to pre-buy for just certain days.
Since we’re the target G+ audience, I’m happy to add them for every day.

I’ve gone from “no park hoppers, the idea is silly” to “I can see us doing three parks most days” in order to maximize G+, and get both open and close.

1 Like

PS - as I chose my attractions, I totally felt like I was cheating on Touring Plans.

PPS - I still can’t get over the lack of scale on the Y axis :rofl:

7 Likes

I told my DH I was gonna be glued to my phone all day watching genie launch. He equated it to free agency and told me to enjoy :sweat_smile:

8 Likes