Genie - Initial Impressions

What is the price for parking now? More on weekends? And still no trams…

1 Like

They’ve always charged more for parking Fri-Sun… $5 more… a CM told me it’s Disney magic LOL. M-R for gen parking is $20, preferred is $50 . F-Sun is $25.

Cast member: Sir, guests are really wishing the trams would come back online. The parking lots are enormous and it is really a guest dissatisfier to have to go all that way just to get to the gate, or back to the car at the end of the day.

Chapek & D’Amaro: They’ve been hoofin’ it for over a year now and they can keep hoofin’ it. The walk will do some of those lardasses some good! And for their complaining they’ll now pay MORE to hoof it! Bwahahahahahahaahhahaaaaaaa!

11 Likes

Sure do wish they would hire a Chairman of Disney Parks that could run the day-to-day of the parks so Chapek wouldn’t have to make all the decisions regarding the parks and instead be able to focus on the rest of Disney as well.

…oh wait.

2 Likes

Yeah he’s getting too much of a free pass these days. I’ll be sure to be more inclusive of him going forward.

Edited to include them singing in unison

2 Likes

'tis the 5th disney key! :rofl:

3 Likes

So was there a price increase for the ILL attractions today (weekend)? I can’t see because I don’t have a park res.

1 Like

Apparently yes for at least some rides. Someone posted a link earlier but I didn’t have time to read it and now I can’t find it.

First price increases come to Disney Genie Lightning Lane Individual Attraction purchases at Walt Disney World (wdwmagic.com)

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway has increased by $2 to $10.

Avatar Flight of Passage has increased by $3 to $14.

At EPCOT, both Frozen Ever After and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure have increased by $2 to $11.

Finally, at Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain is up by $2 to $9, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is up by $2 to $12.

Why do they have to do that? Just say what it was, and then say what it is. Every computer and phone comes with a calculator now if math is too hard.

4 Likes

Is it fair to call this a price increase? Rather, it is weekend pricing, which we hadn’t yet seen.

3 Likes

We don’t know if it’s weekend pricing or their anticipation of pop based on park res? IDK why they charge more for parking F-N either other than they get more ppl?

1 Like

At any time, I can look around on Disney’s website for the cost of tickets.
Plug in a date and there it is.

Why couldn’t they have that transparency and accessibility for ILL$?

3 Likes

the whole genie thing has thus far been behind a shroud of secrecy that is just making me want to ignore it all together. Most of it is likely because it’s not actually finalized. We’re looking at a public beta test

14 Likes

I personally think that this price increase is a general one and not necessarily just a weekend only price increase.

1 Like

guess we’ll find out on Monday. Given that hotels and tickets go up on weekends though, I figure this price increase is just for the weekends .

2 Likes

I totally agree w/ this

2 Likes

Why do people feel the need to add Genie+ early? It doesn’t sell out. Just add it before you use it…

Sounds like MK and DHS are the only parks it really makes sense in. I won’t be trying it out until January. Which by then I’m hoping they might add some deal for APs.

4 Likes

from above

4 Likes