Genie - Initial Impressions

Touring Plans is doing a live Twitter feed of a side-by-side comparison of a personalized TP and Disney Genie. Same attractions, but Genie is (of course) just sending them to the closest attractions that have low waits rather than optimizing queue waits

8 Likes
5 Likes

It’s fun to follow this work going down - watching the testing that will lead to awesome planning tools of how to get the most out of all this. If you aren’t following this twitter feed, you need to be.
THIS IS AWESOME!

3 Likes

Interesting. I always reorder my TP to minimize walking. I think itnis smart for Genie to not run people all over the park.

4 Likes

I’m not on Twitter but I assume there will be a blog.

3 Likes

I’d assume so too! I’m sure they’ll organize all their notes & posts into an article. (which I’ll still read even though I’m following along today! :crazy_face:)

1 Like

4:00 TODAY

5 Likes

How do I find the link for this, please? I found the earlier/first one very helpful! TIA

I will miss it because that’s 9pm here and I’ll be out, but I’ll catch it tomorrow.

They do all videos on their YouTube channel:

You can find archived ones there too, like the stream from Genie day 1.

3 Likes

You Rock! TY! I have already watched the day one about Genie yesterday w/ a shared link.

3 Likes

I have been using the Touring Plans book since 1998 and they have always stated that they are independent from Disney.

TP/Lines…not sure how long they’ve been around (the app version) but they were crunching numbers a LONG time ago.

3 Likes

TP has 4 testers in MK today beginning at 9:30 am. They will have them start from different places in the park. I assume that they will be tweeting during the test similar to yesterday because it was super interesting to follow along. Hopefully there’s a summary video again today.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Went ahead and added genie+ so we don’t have to do it between midnight and 7 am everyday. I’ll pay an extra 15 bucks just for that sense of sleep! Had to call to do it though :confused:

3 Likes

it is weird. It was almost like Genie was ordering things in such a way to convince a person they would need to get Genie+ to ride the things they ACTUALLY want to ride. Huh. Who would have thought Disney would want to drive people toward paying for more? Weird.

9 Likes
  • cant figure out twitter lol - hopefully it will make the unofficial guide at some point…
3 Likes

Yep. They will never recommend hitting the best attractions only, even if that’s what you want. Only way to spread people out more than before is send them to these random less popular places.

Good for Disney, not necessarily the visitor.

4 Likes

HUGE jump in prices! It’s Friday and they charge more for parking F-N too.

1 Like

:grimacing:

1 Like