FW Cabins are proposed to be converted to DVC properties

It didn’t occur to me until you said loft, but yes.

2 Likes

But if the mousekeepers balked at changing the bunk beds (which I hope they keep here!) then I cannot imagine the union negotiation for a loft bed!

3 Likes

Oh true

Well that was a fun fantasy while it lasted

I guess if $9 a point in dues plus almost $3 more is ok at DL they could always just start and $9 a point here and pay hazard pay?

So this will be at least the 3rd, maybe even the 4th DVC resort opening in how many years that you need direct points?

It’s insanity actually

One has to wonder if they know what they are doing.

But then you look over in the Reedy Creek thread and you realize just how carefully and calculated their every move really is. So there’s some kind of rhyme and reason to it - we just don’t know what it is yet

My SSR points from 2017 are grandfathered in to “all resorts” but I have not yet tried to book anything new. I really love the cabins and I’ll be so curious how big of a PITA it will be to book using only kinda dirty resale points.

2 Likes

I guess maybe the cabins were due for a refurb perhaps, especially if they really are tearing them down. It suggests maybe the structures need replacing.

So if they were faced with that expense, why not make them DVC? If it takes a few years to sell the points then they have lots of cabins to sell to the general,public, just as they do now. And eventually they’ll recoup the cost.

It does seem crazy though.

2 Likes

Should be fine. They’re what they call “eligible” points so just as good as my direct points.

I love that expression “dirty points” though.:joy::joy:

3 Likes

Of course you are right. I was focused on new owners. I wonder if this will impact resale.

1 Like

It would be nice if they had two different size cabins - the regular size and some bigger ones with perhaps two bedrooms and two bathrooms

4 Likes

I am thinking that is standard operating procedure for ALL DVC properties coming on line in the future…

4 Likes

reading through this thread now and I was like it’s got to be a loft!!!

1 Like

I have definite mixed feelings about this project. I love the cabins, they are one of my favorite places, but we never stay there bc our kids are all adult-size now, and the weird bunk bed by the queen bed setup WAS super cramped. My kids are too tall for the bunks, and the bathroom is ridiculously tiny. The living room had so much free space- they don’t need the big table in there, especially with the outdoor space. We didn’t even use the living room much, really, and certainly don’t care about TV when on a Disney trip.

Nonetheless, I’ll probably check it out when these come out. The location is a bit out there and transportation is not great for Ft Wilderness, so I cannot see them trying to get away with CC price points or anything like that. These should be as 1BR but fewer points than other 1BR options on property, in my opinion.

Will be very curious to see how it all goes.

Maybe a nice Murphy in the Living Room space, and 2 sets of bunk beds in the bedroom. They change the sheets on the Galactic Starcruiser so I think they can deal with bunk beds (housekeeping) or a loft space. The problem with lofts is that they get very stuffy!!! So although I would love a loft, I doubt they’d do it.

1 Like

My family did this way back in the 80’s. Paired it with one day at MK and one at River Country. Still a great memory! Kind of sad to see these go away for the general public.

2 Likes

RIP

4 Likes

I still remember sliding down the rock water slide. :blue_heart:

Glad the amoebas didn’t get me :beetle:

4 Likes

Boo! Theres enough of that crap! We need the rustic aesthetic!

3 Likes

Has anyone heard any updates about this project? Thoughts or crystal ball predictions on when they might be open? We are thinking October 2024 and would love to try and stay here if they might be open. The press release says 2024.

2 Likes

Have not heard anything but DVC Fan did an update (of which there was nothing, really, for FW Cabins) and did say they think that will complete before Poly tower, even though Poly tower started first. This is because the Cabins are pre-fab and just need to be lifted (old) and dropped in (new) with some minor plumbing and electrical work to reconnect everything.

Whether that’s true or not is anyone’s question. And I’ve not heard a single other thing about anything going on sale or what have you.

All that to say, though, that I wouldn’t be surprised if they are open by that Oct 2024 date you’re referencing

4 Likes