FW Cabins are proposed to be converted to DVC properties

According to an article on DVC Fan ( Disney Vacation Club News and DVC Updates - DVC Fan ) the cabins at FW are going to become DVC property.

The article states, “The cabins will be torn down and rebuilt as refreshed hideaways”

The cabins will have to close in phases as the work begins.

More than 350 new cabins will replace the existing ones, will accommodate up to 6 adults, and include bedroom, bathroom, living room, full kitchen, and private patio. It sounds like they will be pretty similar to what’s already there but updated.

I do not see any timeline for this project.

2 Likes

That is weird since they seem to have so much inventory.

2 Likes

Interesting, not opposed it they make the bathroom and bedrooms bigger. And the private patio larger would be nice.

Also, does that make it Deluxe? For the evening extra magic hours?

4 Likes

They certainly look bigger and nicer, lots of improved lighting and I like the raised roof:

1 Like

I read the footprint will be the same, so not sure they’ll be much bigger. Seems tight for 6 adults and only one bathroom. And the say they’ll be completed in 2024. Lots of inventory for DVC.

4 Likes

100% agree

The points charts better reflect this (but I’m certain they won’t)

And they better upgrade the bed in the bedroom which is currently a double and hence an absolute no-go, even if I’m traveling alone.

2 Likes

We stayed out there last June for the first (and apparently only) time.

It was awesome. We were a family of 4 with 2 kids. The bedroom was a little tight, but it was great to have a separate sleeping room with a door, so that I could get up in the morning, or stay up later at night, and not bother those who wished to sleep.

I agree that 6 adults would have been tight. It was very spacious for a nuclear family of 4… but if you had to have people sleeping in the living room… some of the advantages would quickly go away.

But we talked about how - with SO much to do at FW… you could spend a week at WDW, and only spend 3 or 4 park days, and really feel like you got a lot great vacation/relaxation time.

4 Likes

No, it’s a queen size bed, since they did the refurb a few years back. That’s why the bedroom is extra snug with the bunkbeds.

Maybe it’s all that squishiness that has me looking at it like it’s a double. It’s still a no go for me unless that bed becomes the only bed in that room and they magically make acceptable space for 4 other adults in the rest of the unit

3 Likes

It’s a queen. They did update it when they redid the living rooms I think.

*But that rooms looks like such a tight fit with the bunk beds. I think they should pull those out and put some more pull down beds in the living rooms instead.

1 Like

Yup agree! Put a couple of double pull down beds in the living room.

1 Like

Ugh I REALLY want to get excited about this but I’m deathly afraid of the point values that will be needed. If they make the bedroom a little bit bigger then I think it could be doable for 6 people but definitely not 6 adults. I think it would be a nice option for the families of 5 or 6 with little kids who can’t technically fit in most of the 1-bedrooms.

Also: I hope there are some good curtains over those high windows or you’ll be up well before you need to book your first Genie+ in the summer!

1 Like

Need an additional bathroom with that many people, even little people.

2 Likes

even a half bath would help. Or split?

1 Like

I was surprised that we did fine as 5 people with the 1 bathroom at BWV!

3 Likes

You did mention that you were relieved (or something to that extent) that it was short term

Sounds interesting, but I’m guessing it’ll be like Riviera - ie anyone who bought resale in the last few years won’t be able to use the points there…

2 Likes

We’re staying in 2 months. Glad we get to see it once in its old glory. I hope there won’t be a lot of construction. They didn’t say when the closures start.

I definitely don’t think the campers will like this property being gentrified.

It stinks these will be more expensive now although 2 bathrooms will be nice.

1 Like

It’s just in proposal right now. Nothing final. No dates announced.

When I think of gentrified I think of a palatial manse. I didn’t get the sense they were doing that with this project. In fact, it sounds like they plan to keep it with the same feel and just update them?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t say anywhere that there will be 2 bathrooms. WE are saying there should be. The article actually says 1 bath

1 Like

Time to say good bye to more Moderate and affordable priced rooms and hello to more Luxury and expensive rooms.

1 Like