FW Cabins are proposed to be converted to DVC properties

It’s going to be more expensive and they’re redoing Trail’s End. I think it’s going to become a glamming place and the RV crowd won’t like it. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

Can’t disagree about the RV crowd.

FW is pretty much the same size as 50 years ago and try to get a campsite.

Another similar capacity campground down by AK or somewhere near HS/Epcot would be full constantly. With much less initial outlay than any resort, value to DVC. Make the same number of campsites just a little wider and a tad longer and watch the big guys roll in.

It’s not like Disney has to get a good deal on the land.

2 Likes

Yeah, these will have to be priced as least as much as a 1BR, and I’m worried they’ll end up overpriced the way CC cabins and Poly Bungalows are – meaning, not as expensive as those are, but similarly overpriced on a per person / per sq ft basis since they are private units.

Edit: But if they are reasonably priced, it will be a good option for my family of 6.

3 Likes

Opening in 2024

1 Like

Wow that was a quick update

2024… they know that’s NEXT YEAR right? And that the Poly Tower isn’t done yet?

:woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

YES! This ^^^^ 1000 times over.

The only way to have 6 adults comfortably sleep in the cabins means increasing the size and adding another bathroom.

And I want a master bedroom without the bunk beds in it.

Apparently before the refurb they had the Murphy wall bed, which was replaced by a sofa bed to make room for a better TV!

Personally these are a no go for me unless they remodel them.

3 Likes

This should be an easy update. Those “cabins” are nothing more than small single-wide trailers. They can build them off site, and then set them up on site very quickly.

5 Likes

I would still definitely book these for the 5 of us if I can afford the points!

2 Likes

Not only is the Poly supposed to open the same year. BCV is currently on pause with the refurb, presumably a supply issue. I assumed it was the Murphy beds. BWV are also due to start. And now they’re going to be doing these too. I hope they’ve sorted the supply issue!

Plus the Poly is adding 4 million or so points to the system. Even without knowing how many points this will be that’s a heck of a lot of points to sell. And Riviera sales have stalled, GFV hasn’t sold out.

3 Likes

And VDL hasn’t even started selling yet (and has so many asterisks around it that a lot of people who were thinking about it have abandoned ship)

2 Likes

I would suspect these could be modular cabins?

The Copper Creek ones were individual builds?

Maybe not?

4 Likes

I just noticed this, which is somewhat different to the terminology in other reports that they are being “updated”.

If they are indeed being torn down, maybe they can be improved. Especially looking at the concept art more closely which shows two equally sized spaces at either end,

Add a toilet and vanity off the bedroom. Then either add a queen Murphy bed to the bedroom - like a studio - or have two queen Murphy beds in the living area.

With the kitchen and bathroom at the other end.

2 Likes

Make it have 2 bathrooms

3 Likes

I was thinking that with the timeline that they were just being replaced with brand new modular homes. Which means that they could have whatever interior setup they want in reality!

But I believe they are on concrete pads so I bet that limits them to the original total footprint which makes it hard to add a second bathroom.

4 Likes

I’m not so sure now. It isn’t hard to extend a concrete pad, and the new concept art definitely makes them look bigger compared with the current floor plan.

As in both ends look to be the same size and a different style to the central section which has the raised roof. Which supports the idea that one end is the bedroom and the other is the kitchen and bathroom. And the airy central section is the living area.

But since we don’t have anything by way of floor plans or interior concept art, we’ll have to be patient! :joy::joy:

1 Like

This is not something Disney fans are in the least

2 Likes

Could they have a loft?

2 Likes

Ooh that would be cool

Like one of those tiny houses?

1 Like

Yes! Don’t they look like those tiny houses?!

1 Like