FW Cabins are proposed to be converted to DVC properties

Thank you! I am equally hopeful. Though I’m sure I will probably need to book a placeholder just in case. We haven’t seen point charts yet, right? I have an article speculating that it would be SSR/OWK 1-bed values but that seems like a pipe dream.

Adding - WDW website will let me book a cabin in October 2024 which is disappointing. I would think they would need to tear them down at some point??

3 Likes

I would definitely book a placeholder
We have not seen points charts, but really something between the 1-2 BRs at OKW/SSR seems relatively appropriate

If WDW will let you book for Oct, I would guess they are assuming they will all be back online by then. I recall there being some notation when this was announced that there would be limited availability during the construction period. So that you can book something feels like a good sign to me.

Also I don’t think they will be torn down, but lifted out and removed intact

2 Likes

Oh - excellent point! I certainly do hope that this price point is for an updated cabin! I paid $360 or something last year and it felt like robbery.

3 Likes

I paid $400 in June for the old and that was with the discount.

As far as updates I know nothing about the cabins but it seems the new marketplace is due to open mid-August according to a cast member. It will be like a deli with some sandwich options and prepared meals.

1 Like

October is a popular time for FW with Halloween.

I think they will all be replaced by then, but I also think it’ll be done loop by loop. As one loop is completed they could be declared and used for points booking.

I suspect we’ll hear something by the end of this year with sales starting maybe around March 2024. Then the Poly can follow. But that is pure speculation.

2 Likes

Yes from what I understand they’re going loop by loop. So some may be converted and some not.

I heard some rumors that they may also be using some of the reflections site to create some additional amenities (pool and restaurant) for the cabin?

1 Like

The permit for the Reflections site was renewed recently, which led to all kinds of speculation.

I don’t know the layout of FW well enough to know if that makes sense though. Wasn’t Reflections down by the lake? But then I guess it would extend back quite a way, so maybe the back of the site - near the next stables? I could be way off base though without seeing a map and trying to picture it all.

1 Like

Yeah, I have no idea if that would work.

Here’s a map with the Reflections site circled in red. Seems kinda far for cabin amenities, but I guess the whole resort is so sprawling I’m not sure it matters as long as it’s accessible by golf cart or shuttle.

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ , do you know which of those loops are the cabins? But yes, the Reflections site does seem too far away to me.

1 Like

There is one small loop close to Pioneer Hall and the rest are off the screen toward the bottom:

1 Like

TP room finder:

They are #1 and all the highlight areas near Outpost Depot

2 Likes

Now why didn’t I think of that? :woman_facepalming:t4: :joy:

Somehow I don’t think that Reflections rumour is going to work. Unless there was one heck of a long lazy river …… :thinking:

2 Likes

I know but I can be pretty flexible since I’ll be pulling the kids out of school regardless in October. So fingers crossed I could maybe hit the sweet spot right after declaration of points.

I think they would definitely have to shift multiple things if they wanted to add amenities for the cabins ALL the way at the back behind the ranch. I felt like even the existing cabin pool was a bit of a hike.

1 Like

Are they converting ALL of the cabins over to DVC?

I could perhaps see that the few cabins closest to where Reflections is will remain as a normal bookable category, but the majority of the cabins that are essentially on the other side of the FW property could become DVC. There is a pool with water slide already essentially dedicated to those cabins, as would be required for deluxe (DVC) accommodations.

1 Like

I believe they have said they will convert them all. But the pool with the waterslide is the Meadow Swimming pool which is for the campground and basically in the center of the whole place. The cabin pool does not have a slide.

1 Like

BTW there are only actually 2 cabins in the 100 loop and I “heard” that they are “off the books” so to speak.

1 Like

Oh. I must have misread the resort map I was looking at.

ETA…Sure was. The map I referenced wasn’t oriented with North being up, so I was looking at the wrong pool! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m super behind on Disney Dish - but this morning @len mentioned that he had seen all of the new cabins lined up somewhere offsite! Did I hear that right? I googled and haven’t been able to find any other news of that or pictures.

@Nicky_S has it been mentioned on any of the other rumor/prediction forums??

2 Likes