Forgive me, I'm confused

I see. Thank you for explaining. I knew there were many sides to this story and have been wanting to research how it all works, but your explanation helped. I work in insurance and with the way my analytical brain works, I knew there was so much more to it than I was hearing on podcasts and complaints. It’s a real bummer for a lot of people. I hope as many as people as possible find a reasonable solution.

1 Like

Good God, please don’t consider anything I share any more than the gin-addled mouth noises of a singularly ill-informed, financially innumerate stooge. My 35 years of Florida residency and 26 years of close association with DVC (10 of those as an owner) have only made me more of a drooling mummilard.

Also too, I’m a cat.

6 Likes

I wonder if there is any way to re-coop at least some of the money by sharply discounting them and marketing them to locals or those in driving range? “Have you ever wanted to stay at X but it was way out of your range? After being cooped up at home got weeks, enjoy an amazing Disney resort stay for only $ per night!”

ETA: If I was in driving range, I’d jump on anything heavily discounted at AKL in a heart beat.

1 Like

I anticipated that it would be a problem if I got pregnant and couldn’t go. I anticipated it would be a problem if I or someone in my family were too ill to go. Or if, God forbid, there were a death in the family and we were in mourning. I understood that I would not be able to cancel or get a refund under those conditions. I did NOT imagine that there could be a situation in which the parks at Disney World were closed and the resorts open.

2 Likes

I know :frowning:

I’m sorry this has happened. :frowning:

I guess I was “hoping” that if the risk had not been made clear you would have a bit of a case.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if the broker would be willing to market a reservation under these circumstances. Even if you get half of what you paid, that would make it more palatable.

2 Likes

There are a LOT of discounted DVC rooms at the DVC Rental Store right now. I’ve kind of been stalking them, hoping something good would pop up for March. So, I’m thinking some owners have been doing that, at least, to recover some of the losses.

I will have to steal this for future use. Gold!

ETA: But not gin. Bourbon, wine, beer, margarita… :smiley:

1 Like

Ugh. This explains so much. I’m allergic to cats. I wanted so badly to be friends though. :confused:

1 Like

You’re seriously missing out.

Can’t you take a benadryl, or get some shots or something?

Seriously, even if you can’t, you should consider befriending this cat.

1 Like

Just added benadryl to the grocery list. I want in!

1 Like

Ooh, @BGK she’s a smart one!

Derp.

Are you sure? I mean, I gave a few ideas about lounges around the monorail loop and next thing I know
meme_review_small
the purveyors of TRVTH erupted from all sides pointing out how misguided I was.

I would think it wouldn’t be that smart to seek my counsel on anything.

1 Like

Since I am a seeker, and not a purveyor of TRVTH, I’ll take my chances.

Man you pick things up quickly

2 Likes

I rented points through David’s for 6/28-7-4. They just sent me this email:

We wanted to reach out to you today concerning your upcoming Disney Vacation Club rental. As you might have heard by now the Disney Vacation Club Resorts will be open for your stay on June 28, 2020; however, the Walt Disney World Theme Parks will remain closed until July 15, 2020.

Although the rental agreement is active and is in good standing with the DVC Resort being open, we are committed to going above and beyond as we don’t want our guests to lose the magic of their stay with the parks being closed.

As the Disney Vacation Club Resorts are officially open during your stay, we are obligated to fulfill the contract by paying your DVC Owner whose points have been absorbed by the Disney Vacation Club for your reservation.

We can offer to reach out to your Owner to see if they can move your reservation to a new date. Based on the expiration date of your DVC Owners points they could possibly move your reservation to new travel dates up to November 30, 2020 . Also, it is up to your DVC Owner to work with us on your behalf. Again, the DVC Resort is open, your current reservation is active, and the Owner has fulfilled their end of the contract. They are under no obligation to assist.

Or

We can issue you Travel Credit that is valid for 36 months and does not need to be used exclusively for a Disney Vacation Club Reservation. You may utilize this travel credit for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Disney Cruise Lines, Walt Disney World Resorts (value, moderate, deluxe booking), or Adventures by Disney.

If you would like to keep your reservation, that’s okay too!

Once we have received your response we will can move forward accordingly, and if you have any additional questions please don’t hesitate to send us another email. We are happy to help in any way we can, and look forward to hearing back from you.

14 Likes

I had assumed we would just have to take a loss on this reservation, but David’s is really going above and beyond to help their customers.

5 Likes

This is an incredibly generous and noble action by David’s! I hope the other brokers follow suit.

3 Likes

I think they saw the writing on the wall if they did not.

5 Likes

That must mean the owner has a December UY since their points would not be extended.

4 Likes