For the first time in forever—a trip report

If it told me about the time change before I paid, I didn’t notice it and I was looking for it.

4 Likes

Same with me this morning and Remy. All through the paying process it was 6:55-7:55 pm. Then after all was said and done, on the confirmation page it was 5:15-6:15, and I had no way to change it

3 Likes

Ugh!

ETA:

So it did not change until after you confirmed?

Correct, I had already confirmed. Guess “confirmation page” is misleading. The final page showing yay you’ve done all the things and have this lightning lane that isn’t the dang time you picked, enjoy. Is where it showed the different time for the first time. We’re at Boma currently, but once we get to a park I’ll go to blue umbrella and ask

6 Likes

Thanks. Good luck!

1 Like

This is so wrong!!

3 Likes

I hope this works for you! It’s looking like we’ll be able to make it by 2:30, but I’d try the same if we didn’t.

1 Like

The blue umbrella at AK said they didn’t have a lot of visibility into Remy, so I should ask one once we get to Epcot :disappointed:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I am going to have to remember to take a screen shot before I hit the “Confirm” button.

5 Likes

Yep I was telling my sister I should have done that, but I wasn’t expecting the time to move earlier and I would have been fine with later

2 Likes

Day 1 was largely a success—a few misses, but nothing that spoiled our fun.

To the surprise of the whole group, we did make it for rope drop, but we will not be doing that again this trip. I am pooped. We chose fantasyland for our morning and the girls loved the classics—dumbo, tea cups, and the carousel were requested over and and over again all day. We also did The Barnstormer and if you heard a group of blondes chanting MORE GOOFY over and over, that was us. After the Barnstormer we had our first big miss—Mickey’s Philharmagic. All 3 of the cried at some point and after trying to save they day with a Journey Under the Sea and failing, we headed to Poly via the monorail for our lunch reservation at Kona Cafe.

19 Likes

Lunch was just fine. MH got the rainbow poke bowl (he liked it, but they never brought him the soy sauce he asked for) and I got the mahi BLT. The bacon, dressing, and potatoes were excellent, the mahi was fine (under seasoned and a tad over cooked) and the tomato and the crouton were unappetizing enough that I didn’t even taste them. The girls had the mac and cheese and it looked fine, and they each ate a good amount, but I never tasted it.

8 Likes

After lunch the real magic began.

When we came back in the park, Mickey and Friends were up on the train station (? That building you walk under to get to Main Street) and DD3.2 literally screamed with excitement. Everyone around us was into it at least a little because her level was so high it brought everyone up. She kept saying “we have to get up there! How do we get up there?!” I did tear up.

After that we used our 7DMT ILL and 2/3 kids loved it, but the 3rd wouldn’t ride because she was a little sad about leaving Mickey and she didn’t like the dark queue. Also tired, because she fell asleep in the stroller on our way to find a Mickey Bar and Parade spot.

The parade was a long hot wait in the sun, and we almost left, but I’m so glad we didn’t because all 3 girls have said it was their favorite part of the day. We did manage to move (get pushed, but perspective) back into the shade and that was a relief. We missed our PPF LL return window while watching the parade, but we’ll try it again Friday.

From this point on, we bounced from one genie return window to another (Magic Carpets, Small World, Dumbo again, Winnie the Pooh, tea cups again), took a spin through Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, met some princesses (Elena! I didn’t know she did appearances and DD6 is obsessed, they had a lot to say to her, I’ll be watching that video over and over again until I die), and did a couple more rounds on The Barnstormer (MORE GOOFY!) before cooling off at the Soak Station and heading back home for the night.

37 Likes

Love this last picture!

5 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot another highlight!

We had pizza for dinner at Pinocchio’s Village Haus and sat by the window to watch the Small World boats pass by. There was a sign there that said “make silly faces” and the girls got a real kick out of holding it up and getting silly faces from the riders in return.

19 Likes

Me too! But by the time I realized we had some closed eyes the Mickey bars were long gone :joy:

4 Likes

The cuteness is killing me. I am dead.

8 Likes

Umm, just to clarify, they cried while watching it? Just curious, I’ve never seen it.

1 Like

Yes—the 3D plus the puffs of air and the high volume were way too much for them. DD3.1 started immediately, DD3.2 made it about 1/2 way through before only my lap would do, and DD6 seemed fine through the show but burst into tears as soon as it was over.

For the little ones, once I took their glass off (a tip I saw here somewhere, so thank you to whoever posted that) they calmed down quickly and…tolerated the rest of the show.

9 Likes

What a great day! Your girls are so adorable!

5 Likes