For the first time in forever—a trip report

Ahh, sounds reasonable. Don’t take them to ITTBAB, then. My youngest freaked out at that one when she was 16 :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

8 Likes

Noted. Though they may never walk into a theatre of any kind ever again :laughing:

5 Likes

Take them to Frozen Singalong and they’ll trust you again afterwards.

9 Likes

Your DDs are so adorable (and wise with their snack choice).

6 Likes

A Frozen sing a long is very much in their wheel house.

5 Likes

It’s also hilarious for adults, which makes it perfect.

3 Likes

My wake up call this morning (at 6:15!!) was one of the girls scream singing let it go. We’re ready.

16 Likes

These are AMAZING photos! And all the poses are perfect for recreating in 10, 15, 20 years!

Your trip is making me miss Disney with littles. My kiddos will be 16, 13, 10 when we go in December. Although, I’m also excited to experience Disney with teens and watch them gain independence as they go off to explore together on their own some :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m sure the lack of toddler meltdowns will be very enjoyable :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Teenagers can be just as stroppy but usually much quieter :joy:

16 Likes

Had to look it up, but I don’t feel too bad about that. :wink:

11 Likes

Also, damn that Patricia. Always making trouble.

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Reminds me of this.

4 Likes

2/3 kids fell asleep at dinner and that is all you really need to know about today. We did all the things. All of them.

Got to HS a little after 10 and kicked things off with the Disney Jr Dance Party. My kids are the perfect age for that and I don’t even know who came on stage because I was only watching the girls. DD3.2s face when Mickey came out was everything and her shouting MICKEY at the top of her lungs for the next 90 seconds will give me warm fuzzies all the way through winter.

When we left the dance party we ran into Chip and Dale and followed them out to their picnic. Several minutes of furious waving and giggling ensued.

By this time we were all pretty hot and needing a sit so we went to check out the Frozen sing along. We all loved it—the kids sang their hearts out and then lost their minds at the snow. I owe an apology to anyone who’s path we crossed for the next 2-5 hours as Let it Go was on a loop in our stroller.

After lunch and a rest at the restaurant by Indiana Jones that I already forgot the name of, we went in search of R2-D2. We didn’t find him, but we did find a lot of other droids (including some wind up ones that had to come home with us) and sent a lot of pictures to my dad, the biggest Star Wars fan I know. Neither DH nor I have seen anything but the original Star Wars trilogy and it’s been very many years, but we enjoyed our walk through of Galaxy’s Edge and DH told me next time he wants to build a droid. I said I’m happy to know you’re on board for a next time!

The girls were trying to sneak up on this guy and would run away laughing every time he starting beep and booping at them.

After Galaxy’s Edge we headed to Toy Story Land for our first ride of the day—Alien Swirling Saucers. A real crowd pleaser and we rode it 3 times in an hour while we waited on our SDD LL window. DD6 found her first hidden Mickey in the queue and could not have been more excited about it.

28 Likes

Great pics! What a fun day!

3 Likes

What a wonderful report! Your girls are absolutely adorable! (That picture you captured before your phone died needs to be framed on your wall!!). Thanks so much for taking the time to share your trip with us - looking forward to reading more!

4 Likes

SDD is where we ran into our one and only trouble in a CM who did not want to let us use rider swap in a way that meant none of the girls would have to ride alone. He was in the middle of telling me that wasn’t how rider swap worked when a different CM noticed the tears about to spill over DD6s eyes because she thought she either wasn’t going to get to ride or have to ride by herself and stepped in. After waiting for DH and one of the littles, DD6 decided she did want to ride alone after all, so all’s well that ends well I guess, but I was a little stressed and didn’t really enjoy the ride. The girls all loved it and wanted to go again.

DD3.1 asked me to send this pic to my mom so she could get her a slinky dog for her birthday :joy:

After SDD we went to meet all the Disney Jr characters and everyone took turns doing the meet and greets and sitting in the shade to pass the time while we waited on our MMRR window to open up. As soon as the window opened the ride promptly shut down, so we settled for a stroll down Sunset Blvd where we noticed the doors were still open for the last Beauty and the Beast show of the day. We took our seats right as Gaston told Belle she was going to marry him and MMRR came back online again as the show ended so it really worked out well.

After MMRR we had one last LL to use at TSM and a minor meltdown over missing our chance to meet Olaf before our dinner reservation at Hollywood & Vine to meet Minnie and friends. I know that this is not the most popular character meal, but I really loved it. And my kids cleaned their plates (after they woke up) which is not a thing they do, so bonus points from me for that.

26 Likes

So much cuteness!!! Never did Disney with our kids as littles and regret those memories! Guess we’ll just have to take them more as they get big!

3 Likes

Her smile with that ice cream! I love it :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes