For the first time in forever—a trip report

It really is the perfect descriptor!

1 Like

We made it!

…only 7 more hours to Disney World. Which we will take on tomorrow.

29 Likes

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

2 Likes

We made it for real.

Regular marg for him, spicy for her. Not very spicy.

26 Likes

If I had DH make an MDE account how do we connect with each other. I am feeling very dumb trying to figure it out.

2 Likes

Have one of you send the other a connection request via email. You can do that under the friends and family tab.

5 Likes

THANK YOU so much!

2 Likes

No problem

1 Like

We finally got everyone showered and asleep after a really perfect welcome to Fort Wilderness. After checking in and setting up we grabbed our golf cart and headed to playground over by Crockett’s Tavern to grab some cocktails (which you already saw) and let the kids blow off some steam. Then we grabbed nachos and wings for DH and me and chicken nuggets and fries for the kids and enjoyed dinner watching carriage rides pull in and out.

After dinner we let the girls play on the beach while we waited on some friends who were coming over from the Grand Floridian to watch fireworks with us. The kids were so sandy that I bathed them in the outdoor shower on the camper and I don’t know why I haven’t done that before. It was so easy and I will never fight small soapy children in a tiny bathroom ever again.

My phone died right after I took this pic.

Tomorrow morning I make my first genie+ selections and I don’t know why I feel so anxious about it. But my alarm is set and I have all the info I’m going to get. Plan is to get 7DMT and PF for sometime and bee bop around Fantasyland until lunch when we’ll head over to Poly.

35 Likes

Oh my freakin’ cuteness! That’s a great shot. :heart:

7 Likes

When dad says “2+2=7” and it’s the funniest thing you’ve ever heard. The 3yos definitely had no idea why they were laughing, but big sister is life and they will take her word for anything.

7 Likes

Definitely sounds good when they are sandy, fer sure.

2 Likes

A tequila inspired stroke of genius on my part.

9 Likes

Gorgeous pic! Good luck with G+.

2 Likes

Omg, your girls are ADORABLE! (@Jeff_AZ has some competition for cutest kids :wink::joy:) Have a fantastic trip, and I look forward to seeing more pics of Fort Wilderness!

5 Likes

First genie+ selections are done. I did not like that.

I chose a 7DMT time for 11 so we could do it last thing before we head to our lunch reservation at 12:45 and by the time I checked out it gave me a 1:30 time, so now we’ll be rushed trying to get back. Hopefully we can check into lunch a little early.

PPF worked out fine, got 2:30 just like I wanted. So hopefully we can get back from linch, ride the dwarves, watch a parade, and then ride Peter Pan. And then maybe a rest and a snack because that’s more of a whirlwind than I wanted to deal with.

And I think I can get my next one at 11, 2 hours after the park opens, right?

12 Likes

Yes on the timing of the next one.

Did you book at 7am or hang on for a drop?

1 Like

That unreliability and lack of transparency sucks.

But, on the bright side (somebody correct me if I’m wrong) the 7DMT window extends out to 2:30, doesn’t it?
So you have been messed with but haven’t been signed up for a mad dash to make a hard deadline

4 Likes

I just wanted to verify something with you for our upcoming trip…

At what point in purchasing the ILL for 7DMT did the time change for you? Was it before or after you actually made the purchase? In other words, did it give you an opportunity to confirm the 1:30 time before you purchased it? There are conflicting reports on the forum about this.

4 Likes

I haven’t bought an ill, but my experience with regular ll is that everything you click through will have the same time, but once you get to the confirmation page the time could have changed radically. It’s effing stupid.

5 Likes