For The First Time In Forever - A Return To Disney (And Travel) Trip Report

Thanks for the welcomes!!

Here is my room at the Hyatt! It was really nice!

11 Likes

That does look nice! Thanks for the pictures!

2 Likes

Yeah - I think I got upgraded to a high floor. I’m on the 9th which is the highest…I just don’t remember if I booked that type. Lol.

3 Likes

Walked right onto my DME bus and we are off! It’s like they were waiting for me!!!

21 Likes

Love the mask!

4 Likes

Thanks! Today is my Soul mask day. I have the Soul Cat one in my bag in case I need a change.

6 Likes

Woohoo! The excitement in your eyes is obvious! Have a great day at the festival!

6 Likes

Yay! Have a great day!!!

3 Likes

Thanks!!

Yeah. Today is Epcot and FOTA!! I’m only sad that the Broadway series isn’t happening this year.

4 Likes

Awesome!!!
Enjoy your day!!

2 Likes

Waiting to see where the ME takes you. Have a great day!!

3 Likes

I’m here!!! Room is not ready yet, but I am getting some food and will head to Epcot later since it doesn’t open until 11.

21 Likes

Have fun!!!

2 Likes

To put my stay in context (and make the tears in my eyes make sense)…

Once upon a time in the early summer of 1981, a 9-year-old Beth was on the youth group trip her dad was leading. (Perk of being the youth minister’s kid is you get to tag along.) We were staying off property and as our bus pulled onto property to drop us at MK, I pointed at the Polynesian and declared “I want to stay THERE!!”

40 years later, my dream has finally come true!!!

29 Likes

This is amazing!! I am so glad you got your stay!

My DH also wanted us to stay at Poly— never went to Disney as a kid so planning our trip— he wanted to stay in the place he had always seen in commercials. We loved it!

Enjoy!!!

2 Likes

That’s so sweet!! :heart: Have a fantastic time - looking forward to following along!

1 Like

I hope you have a fantastic time in Epcot today! We were there yesterday and it was great, we did our rides first and had low waits for everything, then spent the afternoon leisurely exploring and watching shows. Had a fabulous dinner in La Hacienda last night, but word of warning, it was crowded in there when we arrived at 7:45. They did honor our request to move to a table by a wall and away from the middle of the room. At MK today and AK tomorrow!

2 Likes

That’s awesome.

Similar to how we got to stay in BLT. Well, it was a dream of mine since childhood (9?) to stay in the Contemporary. BLT is close enough. It was so awesome, so I understand the feels!

3 Likes

Oh, wow! I thought maybe I saw you there last night on our virtual trip. I was in line at a food booth and thought, “That can’t be, can it?” I shrugged it off, and headed into the pyramid to eat with the rest of the guys. But sure enough, it was virtually you! Amazing. :wink:

(Um…is it disconcerting that I’m now blurring the lines between the imaginary and reality?)

8 Likes

Thank you!!!