For The First Time In Forever - A Return To Disney (And Travel) Trip Report

You will get your Covid test and then go to EP?

Yeah. But the key to avoid a long line seems to be to get to the site by 7:30. So assuming I was done by 8:30ish I’d probably pop back to the resort and take the bus to Epcot.

1 Like

I messaged my friend do see if she just wants to meet up in Epcot since I don’t know how they are handling hopping when a park is booked out of reservations like AK is on the 15th.

I hate it when Presidents’ Week and Mardi Gras collide.

2 Likes

It will be the first real test on hopping.

1 Like

Yeah. We chatted and decided to do Epcot on the 15th. Neither of us was thrilled with the idea of a capacity-level AK.

So now the schedule is
2/12 Epcot w/La Hacienda Dinner
2/13 MK w/Skipper Canteen “linner” (late lunch/early dinner)
2/14 AK w/Tiffins dinner
2/15 Epcot (w/COVID test in the morning)
2/16 AK (probably will can Chef Mickey’s here as AK is only open until 5 so I want to maximize park time)
2/17 MK until Tragical Express - lunch TBD

4 Likes

Well, we all said that reopening the building for ONE DAY was stupid. I have ZERO kids today. One other class has 0. The others range from full house to 2. Getting lots of things done I needed to get done and just killing time until 2:20pm.

4 Likes

Have a great flight!!!

1 Like

Almost there!

1 Like

Thanks!!!

Yep. Of course now that a couple of us can actually get stuff printed that we need to, the printer has decided it doesn’t want to talk to the computers. UGH!!

Disney will be here soon enough!!

3 Likes

Off to the airport!!

21 Likes

Finally! Safe travels!

2 Likes

Thank you!! Yes, the afternoon dragged as I had done all the extra stuff I needed to do!

2 Likes

So glad your trip is finally here!

1 Like

Thank you!!

I had to laugh - I did my online checkin for the MCO Hyatt (flight landing around 10 I decided to save the money and stay there then head to WDW early - my TA just never changed my original arrival flight of tomorrow morning) and they offered me a “bargain” upgrade to a suite - for only $400!

No thank you! If I wanted to pay that for a few hours sleep I would have booked the extra night at Disney. My king-bed room will be just fine!

4 Likes

Hope the flight is/was uneventful!!
Get your rest and be ready to boogie tomorrow!!
Have a magical trip!!

4 Likes

Thanks! We were about an hour late leaving, and they (JetBlue) are boarding from the back so those of us who paid for the Even More Space seats were the last on…but thankfully the flight attendants kept the overhead bins closed until we showed our boarding pass to prove we were in those rows.

Still in the air - the map says 45 minutes to go. Love free WiFi - even if it does make streaming difficult. Probably better because I didn’t get to Gamora’s death in Infinity War which always completely undoes me (I never seem to remember how much of a hot, sobbing mess I am until I am in it).

Definitely ready to get to my room at the Hyatt and get a hot bath (hopefully…a shower will suffice otherwise) and then get some sleep before heading to WDW!!

8 Likes

Welcome to Orlando! Can’t wait to read you trip report!

3 Likes

Good morning! I hope you have a great day and cannot wait to see where the Magical Express brings you!

3 Likes