For The First Time In Forever - A Return To Disney (And Travel) Trip Report

And Starlord and Drax. The whole gang.

1 Like

Guardians is the only Marvel franchise where I know all the characters. Mostly because of the Guardians ride at DCA which I LOVE. Will be fun to get a Guardians ride at Epcot … eventually.

They are my favorites!!! I need to get out to DCA once that opens up again for the Guardians ride there. And absolutely cannot wait for the Guardians coaster at Epcot!!

2 Likes

LOVE that bag!

1 Like

Thank you!! I never really wanted a Loungefly until I saw that one in a video in Studios - then when looking for it I found this one I was like “NEED!”

And I may or may not have just ordered the matching wallet. :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

so fun!!! have a great trip!!!

1 Like

Can’t wait to follow along!!! We are starting to blow the dust off the planning engine too…

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Thank you!!!

I’m hoping the snow forecast for Thursday doesn’t materialize or is relatively light. My advantage is I am out of JFK which is usually the last to shut down…plus it is only 1-3 inches predicted, so minor compared to earlier this week.

Well, as of now, they are advertising “snow” in Atlanta… 1 - 3 inches might kill us… probably more along the lines of “I think I saw a snowflake in the air” for us…

1 Like

It’s been in and out of the forecast - I’ve been watching. They are pretty good about getting things going up here - IF there is an issue, JFK almost always gets going first, then EWR, and then LGA, largely because LGA is a tricky one due to its location.

I also avoid gluten. Last trip to WDW, every table service restaurant had a separate menu for gf or other food sensitivities and they often just brought me things that were gf but not even on the menu. Delicious and delightful. :grin:

Our 4 year old DGD has a LOT of food sensitivities/allergies. Dairy, eggs, gluten, all nuts and sesame. Our last WDW trip with her, usually a chef came to our table and went through menu options for her and/or made something special for her that fit within those limitations. I couldn’t have higher praise for the WDW chefs!

2 Likes

Looking forward to following along! Trip reports brighten my day.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been a few times since being diagnosed with my wheat allergy making me go gluten-free. I’m confident I will find things to eat batons salad.

1 Like

Slight change. MK is now 2/14 and Epcot is 2/16. Just spreading the parks out a bit rather than 2 MK days in a row. Also reserving the right to change the 16th to AK if I get everything done I want in Epcot on the 12th.

6 Likes

Yep. I got the matching wallet. :smiley::rofl:

13 Likes

Wow! That is amazing!

1 Like

excited to follow along, I’m dying for a solo trip!!

2 Likes

Slight change.

With MK being unavailable for anyone on 2/14 I decided to nope that park reservation (plus I can only imagine the proposals at the castle…blech) and swapped to the 13th with AK on the 14th. Still got Tiffins for dinner - a tad earlier, so I will head to Pandora after. :slight_smile:

At this point no TS in MK for the 13th, but I am keeping a check.

Debating keeping Chef Mickey’s on the 16th since theoretically that - being Epcot day - would be the best day for me to go and get COVID tested without cutting into park time…but that would mean giving that up. Not necessarily a huge loss…but I would like to have ONE character meal, even distanced.

Still time to stalk and tweak.

5 Likes

Actually I think I am going to cancel Chef Mickey’s.

AK has no more reservations on the 15th, and I’ve already made plans to meet a friend there that afternoon (hopefully she can hop), so there is no changing that day. I would rather be there as soon as they open than be behind the crowd because of a COVID test. Especially when it just makes more sense to do that on the day with the latest opening park.

1 Like