First Mobile Order denied :( be warned DON'T hit 'prepare my food'

It’s a bit of a hike iirc. I tried to walk from GF to Poly once and I ended up having to walk on the main road for a little bit. I’d just do monorail to GF from Poly, it’s the first stop.

The monorail goes clockwise TTC, Poly, GF, MK, Cont. The park monorail goes TTC direct to MK via Cont, iirc, but I could be completely wrong.

Actually ignore me, I have no clue about it during Covid. Sorry.

1 Like

Quickest way from poly to CR: take boat to monorail. The walk to TTC from. Poly is a bear. BC they make you walk all the way around. There is no special resort guest entrance to TTC

Right now, the monorail stop at Poly is closed.

So, I think the best solution is walk to TTC from Poly, then take resort monorail to Contemporary. We did the opposite in December…went from Contemporary to TTC, then walked to Poly.

From Poly, our wait for the boat was quite long.

GF to Poly has a path. Were you drunk? :wink:

6 Likes

This. (I’d “like” it but, you know…)

There’s a very good chance. I remember walking up to a maintenance area then taking that driveway up to the road and over.

A path sounds much nicer. I was trying from the salon area. I had a broken nail and they wouldn’t fix acrylic, then I decided I wanted to go to Poly for a drink that would knock me on my backside so I wouldn’t focus so much on my obscenely broken nail. So the drink didn’t happen until after I was forced into the grass on the roadway to avoid cars.

You know…I probably shouldn’t be giving directions on here at all.

6 Likes

:rofl:

This brings to mind the discussion awhile back on whether it was possible to walk under the Skyliner to get to HS, using the “I’m sorry Officer… I really had no idea I wasn’t supposed to bushwhack my way through the hedges.” line if you get caught.

3 Likes

The walk to GF from the Poly is easy and it’s rather peaceful. We rarely see people along that path.

2 Likes

Update on MO from a resort, currently only guests staying at CR can mobile order from The Wave.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/2021-reopening-wdw-disneys-contemporary-resort-the-wave-to-go-mobile-order-notification.jpg

3 Likes

I saw a posting that Contempo Cafe had that message yesterday too.

2 Likes

And to clarify, for @Bubblez and others, if you want to find the path you need to head down towards Seven Seas Lagoon and go left.

Preferably along a path … :wink::joy:

4 Likes

I saw posts about the restricted to current guests BUT you can still order. You might have trouble if you are trying to drive but if you were, say, at MK and wanted Contempo for lunch you can still order and you probably wouldn’t encounter any issue because you would just walk there.

I think it’s a parking management effort.

4 Likes

I agree. And I think that the average guest doesn’t know how much Disney knows about them, especially with MDE holding all of our info (hotel, park res, ADRs etc). Conceivably they would be able to police the new rule, but not with their IT

4 Likes

oh yeah, and CMs know how to access the data on MDE too so you can’t lie about being a guest on property if you’re not :wink: Although, they aren’t touching ppls phone/screens right now. I’ve had CMs joanzing to touch my phone screen and instead tell me what to do :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: BUT I tried and you can totally push through that message about needing to be a resort guest and still place an MO. Again, Disney needs to start giving ppl parking passes, that sit on their windsheilds, at resorts for ADRs and then monitor the lots if they want to stop the parking theives.

3 Likes

About MO: We were using MO pre-covid and LOVED it! We loved that we could order anywhere, notified when it was ready, just walk up to a pick up window when it was ready. It’s great not to stand in a line to order and stand in another to pick up. I’m sure they will keep MO after all this but to what extent? I hope they keep the expanded version.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: I thought a maintenance shed was a peculiar thing to put in the middle of a path!

3 Likes

I hope so too. We loved using it pre-Covid as well, it saved so much time!

1 Like

At Disneyland they have been removing cash registers from some of the quick service locations (including Cocina Cucamonga). Makes me think they expect the current MO protocols to be in place long term.

3 Likes