First Mobile Order denied :( be warned DON'T hit 'prepare my food'

You will have no problem if arriving using Disney transportation.

1 Like

And thereā€™s no check prior to boarding Disney transportation at the parks?

2 Likes

Not that Iā€™ve heard. There certainly wasnā€™t pre covid.

1 Like

Logic? We donā€™t need to stinkinā€™ logic!

As someone who is UBER protective of my MK walkway from the Contemporary, Iā€™ve been wanting this from the moment I signed my DVC contract. I am the unofficial Get Off My Lawn lady after all.

I get Security trying to make magic by letting people in, but it really does set up someone for an unpleasant experience like @vcka had when you have a new guard sticking to the rules.

Whatā€™s funny is the different responses @amvanhoose_701479 and @vcka had from two official sources.

1 Like

Since my last post we have made two more MOs and gate guards have let us in w/o issues. They ask to see the MO on MDE and a photo ID. Last resort was Rivera and there was no questions about where we were staying.

3 Likes

So you just donā€™t hit ā€œprepare my foodā€ until after security?

I canā€™t recall the screens from our last trip. I just played with an order. I stopped at the ā€œpurchaseā€ button.

ETA: I didnā€™t realize all the mobile ordering locations have pictures of every dish! Now Iā€™m off on another rabbit trail. That may involve some drooling.

2 Likes

You can cancel/edit an order up until youā€™ve hit ā€œIā€™m here, prepare my foodā€. And you canā€™t select that until prompted about 5 min b4 your selected order window. The last 2 MOs I got to gate b4 I was able to hit ā€˜prepareā€™ but the guard can see your time window.

2 Likes

To add to what @vcka said, you can also edit the time slot after youā€™ve submitted the order. So if youā€™re running late or a little early, you can change the time before hitting ā€˜Iā€™m hereā€™.

2 Likes

Sitting at poly waiting for food from captain hooks. The gate guard asked to see the MO but also asked me to scroll down and he wrote down my order number. They didnā€™t do that at Rivera yesterday ??? But donā€™t careā€¦ Iā€™m in. Iā€™m happy. Iā€™m hungry. :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

The Poly guards seem a little extra-zealous

3 Likes

Yay!!

2 Likes

Totally :100:!

1 Like

Itā€™s especially weird when you consider the construction and the fact that thereā€™s no reason for people to go there to get an advantage getting into the park. I mean, I guess you could walk to MK via GF, but I donā€™t imagine many people are up for a 30 minute walk just to avoid the bus.

5 Likes

I think it is more likely people are trying to avoid paying to park than necessarily trying to save time. Although parking at Poly someone could walk to TTC and take the monorail to save time as well. (Or at least be about the same.)

5 Likes

Yes, good point. They do have the shuttle boat too. GF, WL, camp G all have a boat shuttle to MK. It is an easy walk to TTC though. Maybe? Obviously thereā€™s been something to cause their gate guards to act so differently.

2 Likes

I have free parking as an AP holder though. Maybe I should flash that next time @ryan1 :rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t talking about you specifically! :open_mouth:

1 Like

ohā€¦ I figured but it gave me that ideaā€¦maybe it would actually help? Seeā€¦ hereā€™s my AP, I donā€™t need FREE parking :rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

What a day a guard makes :wink:. Todayā€™s guard at the poly barely glanced at MDE , ID. :crazy_face:.

8 Likes

Somewhat related tangent question: when Iā€™m at Poly and I want to go to Contemporary the fastest/easiest way right now is probably TTC via monorail, right? But if I wanted to go to GF we should walk?

1 Like