First Mobile Order denied :( be warned DON'T hit 'prepare my food'

Hello All,
Had my first mobile order entry denied at Polynesian today. My DH and I had traveled to the VA hospital in Orlando for his covid shot and made a mobile order at Capt Hooks while still in the hospital parking ramp. We’ve done this many times (MO) and I was just at Capt Hooks last Tuesday morning. As we got close to the Poly gate I hit “prepare my food”. We showed the gate guard the MO on MDE and a pic ID and he asked if we were guests there or any other resort… when we said no he told us we couldn’t come in b/c they were under restrictions. I told him we do this all the time, just last week AND they are preparing the food, I can’t cancel the order NOW :flushed:

So we left, very sad! and a little mad!!! :rage: Waited on hold for 60 min w/ Disney Dining (who I knew couldn’t help) but they gave us the billing number to call to try and get our money back. I’ve emailed (b/c business hours are over) with screen shots and details of ordeal etc. My DH said, “It’s Disney they’ll make it right. Or keep escalating until they do”

BTW: I prefer MO over ADR b/c there are usually outdoor dinning areas and we are avoiding indoor dinning due to covid right now.

8 Likes

How frustrating!
The inconsistency isn’t helpful.

1 Like

no it isn’t :frowning: and I’m trying really hard not to be really hangry about it too.

3 Likes

That’s really frustrating!

1 Like

I think I read Disney filled all their rooms, so because they were so full up, it might be why they wouldn’t allow entry this time compared to other times.

2 Likes

I do agree with you, BUT he could see the food was being prepared :frowning: and it’s going to be a major hassle to get it refunded b/c it’s just my word :weary:

Yes. I feel bad for you.

2 Likes

That sucks. If only Disney IT was smart enough to limit initiating MO to current resort guests in MDE when this happens, and have some kind of message show up so you would know beforehand. It’s hard to know what’s allowed and what’s not these days.

5 Likes

Did you at least go park at the TTC and walk over so you could eat at Disney?

1 Like

I did think of that but not right away and my DH wasn’t interested by the time I did think of it :frowning:

and @Tall_Paul1 I had the same thought, “Why isn’t there something on the MO that tells you what you are allowed to do?!?” b/c really I could make a MO from Timbuktu if I wanted :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

2 Likes

My lesson learned: Don’t HIT “I’m here, prepare my food” until I’m through the gate :sob:

this was the first time I had done that too, but I did it b/c it was getting later and I didn’t want to make my DH wait … bah… best laid plans and all that BS

2 Likes

I feel terrible that you didn’t get the food you were looking forward to eating!

2 Likes

That really does stink.

1 Like

RESOVED! Disney Rocks!!! Got my money back. Would have preferred dinner :woman_shrugging:
I ended up speaking w/ 2 different CMs at billing and both said, “We will be contacting security leadership at the Poly because you had a food order and should have been let in. You were not just someone wanting to go in to just ‘look around’ but an actual guest as per the mobile order.” One did say the strict reading does suggest ADR but a guest is a guest and you had food to pick up. He also said that my order made him hungry, “Now I want some Thai Coconut Meatballs” but a 90 min drive wasn’t going to happen for him :rofl::joy::rofl:

BTW: I like the waiting music better at billing

35 Likes

Hooray! And that’s good to know they will be speaking with security.

2 Likes

Yay! That’s such good news - not just the refund but that they also will be talking to security leadership to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

1 Like

Yes, we are going back on Friday and I’m going to try again :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Maybe you should put my attorneys on your speed dial just in case :wink:

7 Likes

It didn’t hurt that they could see my order history too to see that this isn’t my first time doing this :wink:

1 Like

Glad this was resolved for you! I wish the logic in these statements was consistently applied at Contempo Cafe too.

2 Likes