First Look! Step Inside a Reimagined Room from Disney’s Polynesian Village

The Contemporary is the same way, but at least there, it’s a shower curtain, so you’re not completely on display, lol. Although that will likely change with the current refurb.

2 Likes

My DH was the same way. He thought I was BONKERS for my obsession.

And then he noticed how friendly and engaging the CM’s are.

And how clean the parks are.

And how staying at the resorts has a very 5 star feel, resort/CM wise, no matter which property you were at.

And how much fun night time in a less crowded park means ALL THE RIDES.

And how the entire family seems to forget about all the BS at home and just be in the moment.

And now my DS is lamenting the most of how Covid robbed him of his vacation and he’s the one counting down the days until our next visit.

My DH will never be a Liner. He’s not as…sharing as I am, nor does he plan out his days to the minute. But he’s close enough :blush::blush:

7 Likes

I would also like to add that I now “need” to get a Hei Hei next to my coffee pot!

It won’t match a single thing in my very dark, Italian kitchen, but this is my “I don’t care” typing voice. It needs to happen. How can I not smile when looking at Hei Hei?!? Man I hope they sell this as a print because the options online stink =(

6 Likes

I love that detail!!

Must stay there!!!

1 Like

AND the Keurig!!! LOVE that they put in Keurigs rather than the old coffeemakers they had!!!

2 Likes

I really love those floors

2 Likes

But with no basin with the toilet.

So I’m in the bath / shower and teen goes to the toilet. And now can’t wash his hands or has to see me in full glory in the shower. Same would apply for Gran, kid, BFF, etc. That’s not happening, so therefore anyone using the toilet will have to wait to wash their hands. Ewwww, gross.

Did the design team not think this through? Is this a common thing, where there’s no basin with a toilet? To split the toilet off but have no sink to use is frankly disgusting. IMO.

3 Likes

Those there are DVC buying words! :wink:

5 Likes

Not perfect I know. It doesnt seemnlike anything was moved from the old bathrooms. So toilet, sinks, and tub are all in the same space. I thinknot was mentiomed before that clearly moving plumbing was not in the cards. They just built a wall to close in the toilet. It is limiting i prefer the sinks be seperated from the shower toliet but does leave some options. Showers get a little tricky, i get that but the sink area is open even when the toilet is not so my kids can wash thier hands or brush thier teeth while my husband reads what I assume is a novel while sitting on the john. Then the door can be shut when he is done…my girls will really appreciate that! :joy: We get showers at night so this will at least make mornings more efficient for us.

1 Like

I still don’t really see why they couldn’t have put in a sink with the toilet. It would have been a relatively small change and meant that the toilet and shower / tub could be used at the same time, which would hugely improve the desirability of the rooms.

Even if they decided that wasn’t feasible, why not use frosted glass and have a proper tub / shower cubicle? That way at least gives some privacy, sufficient for most families, also friends.

But I do see how it is a small improvement.

3 Likes

I think it’s a throwback to how things were done way back in the 70’s, because the other original, the Contemporary, is the same way. Toilet in a room with no sink, and you have to walk through the area with the sinks and shower to get to the toilet room. I suspect way back then it was all one open bathroom. Which is how most american houses were built until recently. It’s probably both costly and structurally difficult to change that now.

1 Like

This was a badly needed update. I’m looking forward to seeing it myself!

This was going to happen no matter what since you must pass the shower to get to the toilet room.

1 Like

Get some Poo-pourri http://www.poopourri.com/

It’s a toilet spray that keeps it from stinking. Really. I got some to keep with me at work for when it’s necessary. I work in a small office so there would be no secrets.

4 Likes

I carry it in my bag lol! I should make a rule to use it on vaca though…5 people one toilet. Luckily the exhaust fans they have in the bathrooms at Disney are pretty strong lol

3 Likes

Just make sure to like triple ziplock that puppy if you’re flying!!!

I’d gotten some to take on the cruise when I treated my parents and we had connecting rooms (I know my dad on vacation with richer foods. LOL) and had it I thought secured in a ziplock bag in the suitcase I checked (my one year of having status including a free checked bag on American thanks to some promo they ran to get status quicker). I got to my pre-cruise hotel and was like “Why does it smell so strongly of lavender and vanilla???” The thing had leaked even through the one bag. Thankfully I only lost one t-shirt. Everything else had to be aired out though - but it still smelled of lavender and vanilla.

4 Likes

Making a mental note now on that one. That would totally be my luck for it to explode all over mh clothes. That stuff is potent and I coupd imagine would not come out in the wash.

3 Likes

Amen

if I knew the arcane wizardry of the internet, this is where I’d respond with a gif of Hei Hei strutting around Moana’s boat with photoshopped coffee mug until he falls overboard

1 Like

Agreed. We want to stay at Poly May 2022 and hope that the “soft refresh” (or whatever the kids are saying these days) will be completed on the DVC side by then (DVCnews.com says it’s supposed to happen). We can’t afford the regular hotel rooms I’m afraid but I LOVE this new look. My partner really wants to stay at Poly and I"m mostly in agreement but as someone else mentioned on another thread it’s very “Brady Bunch”. Still looking forward to trying a new resort and the Moan touches are really eye-catching.

I thought there were reports that availability suddenly disappeared late summer for DVC?

I found it! A thread on MouseOwners reported last month that suddenly all room types were not available Aug 15-September 17.