First Look! Step Inside a Reimagined Room from Disney’s Polynesian Village

11 Likes

I love the updates! Cant wait to stay

2 Likes

Dang! I’m going to have to eat my words (in protest of making everything IP-based).

I love the new look!!! Definitely brighter, cleaner, and more modern looking.

8 Likes

I love that Maui tattoo wall. It’s a little busy but it fits the theme. And I covet that shower.

5 Likes

OMG I loooooooove it! I especially love the blue and orange and those benches at the foot of the bed. Wow!

2 Likes

I’m honestly surprised at how beautiful these new rooms are.
This is a bold and much needed 360 from the cold austere room refurbs of late.

(Also, I’m totally jealous of these new rooms and wish I was staying there instead of DVC side this month!)

2 Likes

I actually was planning a dvc stay there as well but now I know I like these rooms so much more that I will be switching!

1 Like

Don’t forget that these rooms are not bookable for some time yet.

Yup…wont be staying there until end of the year ;):wink:

I love those rooms! Captures the spirit of the islands while also infusing a bit of Moana. Not overly done on the IP side.

3 Likes

I agree. Not too heavy in the IP but still bold theming that gives that wow factor.
A lot of the recent refurbs (by recent I mean within the past few years) have been very dull. GF, YC, BC to name a few. I’d add Pop and ASM too, but as value resorts, it’s not as fair a complaint imo.
The recent AKL refurb before covid was well done, and I wondered if it was a one off or a change in direction. Looks like it’s a change in direction.
I still say they need bed runners at least though, lol.

3 Likes

Agree as well…hope all room refurbishments from here on out are on the same level!

I did not catch that it was a Maui tattoo!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks like from the video they fixed my biggest pet peeve of the bathroom too. Looks like they put the toilet in a seperate space from the shower/sink area.

3 Likes

Gorgeous rooms.

Well, the DVC suites didn’t get reimagined but what price can you put on a pretty, new room?

Now if only Disney would dangle one of those sweet 35% PINs… no contest.

1 Like

I love them!!! So clean— look like a deluxe! Love the theming, oh man can’t wait to stay there again!

1 Like

I absolutely love it! I can’t wait to stay there next visit. Makes rescheduling our April trip all that more exciting since this was an add on from what we originally booked.

1 Like

While the new theme isn’t really my vibe (Moana, Maui, and the overall busyness), I do think this new look is a vast improvement.

I think it looks nice but honestly, the bathroom sinks/shower is still in one humongous room?

1 Like

I have never understood why that room is so freakin big. Like, unnecessarily so. I wonder about building structure/supporting walls/plumbing/all that jazz being a factor.

3 Likes