First Look: Guide Map for Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure Park

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had an amazing trip

2 Likes

We did! Thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: On big event trips like these I do a bunch of studying of any available information, decide what I want to do or buy the most then make a game plan to get it done. It usually works out pretty good. :blush:

5 Likes

There is only 1 restroom in AC. It is the old Bugsland Kleenex box bathrooms. Very small and always a huge line. DD and I used the companion one when the ladies line wasnt moving. At one point even the men’s room had a line! :flushed:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Adds to Touring Plans Notes “Use Winery/Tasting Terrace restrooms before entering AC”

Haha oh man, it’ll be an adventure for sure. Thanks for the heads up on these details!

4 Likes

Inside AC only? So only one entry point to AC? Bug’s Land had multiple.

I wonder if this is going to be a permanent thing or only until the crowds get more manageable.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same! We are going in late August and I sure hope things are calmed down by then. We watched a vlog on the food at AC last night (DD18 and I) and her comment was … is it going to be crazy when we’re there?

2 Likes

It’s very similar to how GE was launched. Only one entrance point to manage capacity and stem demand. With a much smaller footprint that is AC, it’s most definitely needed right now. But eventually the good 'ole shortcut from GotG to the back end of Carsland via the two other access points of AC will be available again!!

3 Likes

One entrance ( can exit here too) with 2 more exits . One right past the Hyperion and one right next to Luigis. All areas have CMs monitoring for now but I’m sure eventually it will just be open for all.

Lots of people thought this was a short cut only to be denied entrance this way. A friend left through here and forgot their AC tote. They explained to the CM manning the gate and they let them return back to get it. Extremely nice of the CM.

3 Likes

I planned to hit the bathrooms right by Monsters but that whole area was cut off. I thought for sure that would have been included in AC. The Captain Marvel photo op used to be right there! I guess they’ll figure how to incorporate that whole area.

1 Like

It’s where they originally wanted to put it, so it would’ve made a whole lotta sense. Just the question of the Hyperion and what to do with that, because I do think that they like having the ability to pull crowds into the shows there through their busiest midday hours.

1 Like

Allergy menu at Pym’s and the breakfast photos are GF. That Impossible sausage was really good. I was shocked. Turkey bacon was great. The bread was extremely dry. Even the PBJ bread was dry. The lunch sandwich is also GF. The pym- ini

5 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Oh I’m not a comic book reader in general but I loved Civil War!

1 Like

Sorry I’m finally catching up on this thread but didn’t get a chance to read it thoroughly. Did you ever get to ride the Spider-Man attraction, @93111tink? What did you think of the land in general? It looks very fun based on the videos and images I’ve seen, but the waits and crowds not so much! Micechat did not have good things to say (funny because they panned SWGE as well and now seem to be walking that back).

I’m looking forward to checking it out next year but if I go this year I will probably skip it (and stick to SWGE instead) unless those crowds die down.

3 Likes

Check out Disneyland Nurse on IG. I feel like he gave a well balanced review of AC.

1 Like

Many reports I am seeing say that if you don’t get into the land right at opening and also didn’t score a boarding group at the 7am drop and still want to see the land at some point to wait until later in the day/afternoon. It seems that after the noon drop, any people who were waiting in the standby line that score a BG from the 2nd drop, then leave the line and it seems to shorten it by as much as an hour or two. And then, in the last several hours of DCA it shortens even more down to as low as 30-45 min.

So already demand is dropping off from the craziness of opening week and I think it will continue to get more and more reasonable. Also, I think one of the issues driving people to stay in the land longer than they wanted was fear of not being able to enter for mobile orders they had placed and in the morning when all mobile orders were available for the day, many people were grabbing it all up for whatever time, even much later. Now they are releasing mobile orders in waves every few hours so that seems to be helping and have more flexibility for people to only be in Avengers Campus who are actively enjoying and not there for the sole purpose of camping out for a 5pm mobile order pick-up that they don’t want to miss.

3 Likes