First Christmas announcement coming today

Right. And I was saying those are fine to be not operational because there is so much more to AK than those things.

1 Like

Oh, yay! The party sounds fun. Hope I can go during my stay. I have never been to Candlelight Processional either, but I don’t know about those crowds. :grimacing:

We took my MiL to one a few years ago and Pat Sajak was the narrator (on our night). If you want to sit in the amphitheater you need to buy tickets, they usually have dinning packages. It was really nice and if you’ve ever been in a choir you will be able to sing-a-long w/ Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus (that’s got to be a high school choir staple, right?).

1 Like

Thanks! I’m thinking of next year really but dates for this year are helpful for getting an idea.

My favorite thing is to time my wandering in Pandora during the transition from day to night. You can hear the ambient sounds change - there are different creatures you hear, just as you do in “real nature” as day moves to night.

2 Likes

So no holiday lights on the castle or Candlelight Processional as of yet, correct? I read Tom Brickers post and he seems to think the regular fireworks (DE) will occur on AH days prior to the AH event. If I read it right. So you’ll still get those, unlike a regular MVMCP.

I’ll miss the shows for this. I loved the shows.

Also, just went back last week for my first trip since 2018. What’s the difference between a parade and cavalcade? I’m just not seeing it.

1 Like

Hmmm, so Bricker thinks they’ll run the special Christmas fireworks as a second lot on “party” nights then? I don’t think they’ve ever done that before.

My guess is it’ll be like the Boo Bash nights, Christmas fireworks at the end of regular hours and then the after hours event.

1 Like

A cavalcade is a very short parade, 2-3 floats, and not at scheduled times.

I definitely was also under the impression that the fireworks would be exclusive to the party based on that language.

3 Likes

I don’t necessarily disagree.

But Tom Bricker apparently thinks there will be Enchantment playing before the “party” and then the special fireworks during the party. That is what I disagree with.

I would think it will be one lot of fireworks, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Are there fireworks at Boo Bash?

Oh ok, gotcha. I think I might have read a different Bricker article or just skimmed too fast! 2 sets would be awesome, but very surprising to me!

There aren’t fireworks exclusive/special to the Boo Bash, but Boo Bash tickets allow you in before the regular daily fireworks so you get to watch those.

2 Likes

Boo Bash tickets can be reassigned; I have several on my account and the reassign tab is there.

2 Likes

This Christmas party lasts for 4 hours versus the 3 for the Halloween event.

Plus Christmas has fireworks, while Halloween doesn’t.

Maybe one reason the Halloween party is only three hours is they have to wait for the regular fireworks show to finish and the crowd to leave before the party can start.

If the fireworks are part of the party, then MK can close early at 7 or 8 and the party can run from 8 to midnight.

EDIT: Nevermind, poor speculation on my part

1 Like

I was surprised as well.

My thought. Just my thought. These are still parties. They just renamed them to be more inclusive/less offending. Both are still after hours, ticketed events…with many of the same offerings. Just without the word(s?) Halloween or Christmas from the titles.

2 Likes

FYI since you’re a Brit, the US Thanksgiving holiday in 2022 is on November 24. So if WDW follows its pattern, the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays will start the next day and everything should be in full Christmas mode.

2 Likes

After Hours events (capital letters) have always been special ticketed events that specifically talk about LOW wait times. Theming may or may not be included.

The fact that they are calling this an After Hours event and not simply an event taking place “after hours”, suggests it is not quite the same as a party in that attendance will likely be far more restricted. The pricing kind of reflects that as well.

I don’t think dropping the words Halloween nor Christmas is really all they are doing. After all, even the fireworks are referred to specifically as Minnie’s CHRISTMASTIME fireworks.

I could be totally wrong. Disney likes to changes things on us, so who know any more!

4 Likes

Also. I’M SO INSANELY EXCITED!!!

/sigh

Is it December yet?!?!

1 Like