First Christmas announcement coming today

I believe I read that it is 9pm-1am, with AH attendees being allowed in at 7pm. So the 50th fireworks show could be held that evening at that time of year. One of the reasons being given for AH instead of regular parties seems to be the 50th activities. If that is true, then having the 50th fireworks every night, including before AH events makes sense. And there would be possibly 3-4 hours in between fireworks shows.

Edited to add: here is one article that mentions the hours.

1 Like

The current AH events are also about 2 times the cost of the standard party, depending on the date. So I don’t think it has anything to do with inclusiveness in any manner of speaking.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct, I should looked before my guessing game started.

9PM to 1 AM, wow, going to have a hard time selling it to some parents of small kids

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-very-merriest-after-hours/?CMP=ILC-DPFY21Q4wo0708210714210014C

Starting at 9 PM gives them time to have an 8PM 50th Anniversary Fireworks show.

Also might be related to this

Thank you, that’s very helpful!

1 Like

I love how it says “character sightings”.

2 Likes

If tours ever come back you should do the Yuletide Fantasy tour. You get to see the warehouse that it is all stored in and where they put together decorations for all WDW

5 Likes

I was speaking more in terms of effect rather than substance. Parades were initially notched to eliminate crowding. People still crowd for cavalcades. And they’re squeezing people in anyway. So boo for no parades and entertainment at the Christmas AH, or the return of FoF for that matter. Just complaining. I’m done now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s a fair point!

I was thinking more that people seem to be viewing this as some watered down version…but other than the cost, is really anything else much different?

It appears there will only be 20 attractions, no parade, no meet and greets, no shows, less hours… So yeah, I would say it is a watered down more expensive version of the Christmas party.

2 Likes

If everyone would just not buy tickets, Disney might take a hint. But I have a feeling people are going to keep paying and Disney will get more money for less work… at least in the short term. Too bad…

5 Likes

Here is Brickers article about it. I think he makes some good points. Obviously, no one knows what’ll happen till Disney makes the announcement. I agree w/@Alewis678

Anyone remember how long before a Party officially started the park actually closed? One hour? If DE is at 7, park closes at 8, party starts at 9, Minnie FW are later, like 12:30 so people would watch and then head straight out, that would make sense to me.

I looked at the historical crowds. Up until 2016, MK closed and MVMCP started at the same time. From 2017-2019, MK closed one hour earlier so there was a one hour gap.

2 Likes

Typically the parks don’t close early for AH. I had previously read this article, as I get the emails. Definitely an interesting perspective.

1 Like

If there were regular fireworks, I don’t think they closed the park until after they were done.

Since it is darker in November and December maybe the regular fireworks could be at 8pm and the Minne FW could be at 10 or 11pm?

The last MVMCP we attended, I seem to remember that there were two parades with the fireworks in between…but the park closed when the party started (7?) and there were no regular fireworks that night.

2 Likes

Ah. Well, nothing’s set in stone yet and Disney is no different than anyone else as they try to find their footing in a post-covid world. I’m still excited to go and hope it to be much less “watered down” the closer we get.

A what now?

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean that covid is over. A post covid world is one in which everything has changed because of the existence of covid.

2 Likes

Everything before covids’ existence is “The Before Times.” Everything after is Post Covid. Kind of like B.C and A.D.

4 Likes

I think the idea is a cavalcade doesn’t happen at a fixed time so it stops people crowding around for an hour or more waiting for it. So the crowding will be for a much shorter time.

I agree though, by Christmas a full parade should be possible. Unless of course they’re having trouble getting people back.

1 Like

For those who paid a little closer attention than I did, what was the timing of the Boo Bash release of dates/prices, etc until booking? Halloween stuff was announced in May and booking opened June 1, right? Based on that I suppose I expect Christmas stuff to be bookable August 1 and I was really hoping to hear some Boo Bash reviews before booking.