First Christmas announcement coming today

I’m more excited for night hours at AK! WOOOOOOO!!!

6 Likes

Sigh. I was hoping for a Christmas party. Over $100 for my family of 5 is not affordable.

1 Like

I hadn’t come across that site. I like that it’s official and covers all parks. And looks like the search feature actually works, the DPB drives me insane in that regard. :joy::joy:

1 Like

really? all the animals are asleep…

It’s a beautiful park at night though, simply stunning.

2 Likes

There’s more than animals at AK…

4 Likes

I’ve done an AHE at AK and was disappointed, that’s all. The things that make AK , for me, are the animals… safari and trails.

@Randall1028

1 Like

It was from wdwmagic’s article, in a comment. I agree, I like that it’s official (and not filtered down like the old telephone game).

1 Like

You’re correct and I agree. I would add to that the theming, which is Disney imagineering at it’s finest - and I’ve not even seen Pandora yet.

However I found walking around AK after dark is something very special.

3 Likes

I will say, during the brief visit I had in Pandora at night, it is so beautiful and immersive. In some ways, I think Pandora is better than SWGE. SWGE feels, at times, like a huge set. But Pandora feels more alive and real. Seeing it at night was a highlight…and I would love to have had more time there. (Hours were limited, unfortunately, when we were there.)

I’d love to go back and see more of AK at night. Basically, I just got to see Pandora briefly, and some glimpses of Awakenings.

4 Likes

I’m not super well versed in AH events so I wasn’t sure if this was unusual but sounds great!

This MK after hours event is 9pm to 1am (thanks to a post on Lines). https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-very-merriest-after-hours/?CMP=ILC-DPFY21Q4wo0708210714210014C

1 Like

Generally it is up on the morning of 11/1 at MK. It’s an overnight operation; very cool to watch some of the timelapse videos that are out there showing how it gets done

2 Likes

Disagree.

Safari and trails are great.

But have I taught you nothing? AK is So.Much.More. than that (and I’m not thinking only of the Sacred Spaces, so don’t misunderstand me on that).

It is so beautiful at night, and it’s been far too long since I’ve seen her in all her glory that way.

3 Likes

The change from Halloween to Christmas at MK is nothing short of spectacular. Those videos are amazing.

The changes at the other parks and the hotels are done over a longer time.

2 Likes

I was sooooo surprised DLR was doing the full exact same party details as 2019 and WDW not doing the full thing. It shocked me and I wasn’t expecting to get an Oogie Boogie Bash so I purchased 3 day tickets but then I realized I need the 3 day tickets anyway to ride Spidey so phew I didn’t waste money on double tickets for that one park that day! LOL
On the other hand if they offer Spidey during the party sans Virtual Line do I need that third day ticket?

3 Likes

How much longer? If I wanted to see all the parks decorated and visit some resorts, what’s the earliest you would suggest going (probably for a week)?

Does anyone know- if I purchase a Christmas AH ticket can I reassign it to someone else if needed?

I might have CC booked a couple of nights in my name only right now.

Since the announcement says things are starting on November12th, most things should be in place by then except EPCOT.

EPCOT has F&W going through 11/20, with Festival of the Holidays starting on 26th. That should be the date when everything is in place.

11/26 is the day after Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

I was saying I like the safari and trails and they are not operational during AHE