First Christmas announcement coming today

A what now?

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean that covid is over. A post covid world is one in which everything has changed because of the existence of covid.

2 Likes

Everything before covids’ existence is “The Before Times.” Everything after is Post Covid. Kind of like B.C and A.D.

4 Likes

I think the idea is a cavalcade doesn’t happen at a fixed time so it stops people crowding around for an hour or more waiting for it. So the crowding will be for a much shorter time.

I agree though, by Christmas a full parade should be possible. Unless of course they’re having trouble getting people back.

1 Like

For those who paid a little closer attention than I did, what was the timing of the Boo Bash release of dates/prices, etc until booking? Halloween stuff was announced in May and booking opened June 1, right? Based on that I suppose I expect Christmas stuff to be bookable August 1 and I was really hoping to hear some Boo Bash reviews before booking.

Boo Bash tickets were announced on June 2nd

Tickets on sale for on-site guests June 8th

Tickets on sale for general public June 15th

1 Like

May 7 - event announced
June 2 - pricing and exact dates/hours announced
June 8 - ticket sales open for guests at select resorts
June 15 - ticket sales open for everyone

2 Likes

Ah ok awesome. Thanks!

So first Boo Bash is August 10th so I’ll probably be able to wait until after that but that one is never representative. I’m thinking my dates are unlikely to sell out so I could probably wait until after August 17 too.

1 Like

I hope your dates stay available long enough! Boo Bash started selling out certain dates, then added more dates - and more tickets. I wonder if the Christmas tickets will go even faster - since they have fireworks and people have seen how fast the Halloween ones went.

June 11 - Oct 31 sold out
June 15 - Oct 5 & 12 sold out, more dates added
June 16 - 8 dates total sold out
June 25 - previously sold out dates reloaded (except Oct 31) with more tickets
June 29 - 5 dates total sold out
July 7 - 11 dates total sold out

3 Likes

I was wondering about that too. If I had time to wait and see how the Boo Bash goes. I think we’re there around the same time in December!

1 Like

Ahh, I’m still not sure even which dates I want! I am booked at BLT the night of the 12th so that was originally when I wanted to go. But then I was hoping that maybe Epcot would do the “deluxe after hours” that night. And if we did a party on Friday the 10th my DH could skip a park ticket that day and WFH and take one less day of vacation!

Ooooh really?

3 Likes

One of my friends and I are going to UOR for the Orlando Informer night on December 10 and then we’re moving over to OKW for the nights of December 11-12. We’re thinking just one night at a park and the other night doing a progressive dinner around Bay Lake after Len talked about this on the Disney Dish. His recommendation was appetizer at Geyser Point or Whispering Canyon or whatever is at WL plus viewing Christmas decorations. Then boat back to MK and Monorail to GF for entree at GF Cafe. Then walk to the Poly for dessert and watch the fireworks from the beach. Sounded so good that we’re going to do it! We were going to look for a convention after 5:00 ticket for our park day, but an after hours might be even better. Emphasis on the might. :wink:

6 Likes

#Linermeet!! I think we were planning a monorail resort crawl Saturday! And I NEED to see the WL tree since I’m losing hope that my BRV waitlist will come through. We will have to keep each other posted as plans finalize!

6 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes

I did some calculations yesterday and it turns out it’s going to be a hard choice! (I assumed $180pp for the party and the second line is the incremental cost to go up to the next set of tix.) We very rarely do Park Hoppers but if we want to hit all parks during the day I think we will have to. 3 days of PH seems to be the logical thing to do but obviously I would like to do the party…

3 Days Base 2 Days Base plus Party 3 Days PH 2 Days PH plus Party 3 Days Base plus Party 3 Days PH plus Party
$777.98 $903.50 $925.72 $1,098.58 $1,137.98 $1,285.72
$125.52 $22.22 $172.86 $39.40 $147.74
1 Like

Your second line confused me at first. I expected it to show the difference for that option compared to the 3 days base. It might give you a better sense than how you have it. Or, well, it would give ME a better sense! :wink:

From a purely financial sense, I do agree that the 3 days PH seems like the best option for getting all 4 parks done in 3 days. The main advantage to the party would be seeing the special fireworks, and shorter lines at MK. With the party being after hours for 4 hours, it actually extends the time you could spend in whatever other park(s) you hit that same day.

It is a had decision, for sure, depending on your budget, and the kind of “feel” you want for the trip. Jam-packed and rushed? More relaxed?

Ask and ye shall receive… I definitely want to do the party but it’s frustrating that I need to pay $200 MORE for roughly a half a day less!

We have 4.5 days total, so in all scenarios I do think that we have enough relaxation. The sheer fact that my kids won’t be there feels relaxing enough to me! We usually take 8ish day trips with the kids so that we can go at a slow pace. It kind of feels exciting to be able to go at a little bit of a fast pace.

3 Days Base 2 Days Base plus Party 3 Days PH 2 Days PH plus Party 3 Days Base plus Party 3 Days PH plus Party
$ 777.98 $ 903.50 $ 925.72 $ 1,098.58 $ 1,137.98 $ 1,285.72
Price to next tix: $ 125.52 $ 22.22 $ 172.86 $ 39.40 $ 147.74
Diff from 3 day PH: $ (147.74) $ (22.22) $ - $ 172.86 $ 212.26 $ 360.00
1 Like

And you asked for the difference from the base ticket, I misread.

$ 777.98 $ 903.50 $ 925.72 $ 1,098.58 $ 1,137.98 $ 1,285.72
Price to next tix: $ 125.52 $ 22.22 $ 172.86 $ 39.40 $ 147.74
Diff from 3 day base: $ - $ 125.52 $ 147.74 $ 320.60 $ 360.00 $ 507.74
1 Like

Thanks! I mean, obviously, me knowing this info is MOST important to YOU having a good time! :wink:

I like it in that format, because it does give you a feel for how much money extra you are spending with each choice…or saving, depending on how you look at it.

When my wife and I were there in December, while it wasn’t a party, we were in MK when they were showing the castle “sweater” projections. One of our favorite moments of the trip was just sitting together in the hub just waiting/watching for the change in the castle. We spent an hour (since there were four changes, one every 15 minutes) just chilling (rather literally) and taking in the ambiance.

As such, I suspect the party would give similar moments/opportunities. Not to mention short waits for rides.

Probably, if I were you, I’d pick the 3 days base plus Party…and leave your MK time for the party, only. Sorry…I didn’t follow your previous trip postings…are you going with younger kids? Because, to us at least, MK is in some ways our least favorite park in that so much of it is more geared for the younger kids. (Not that we don’t love it…we do.) As such, getting MK done in 4 hours (plus whatever additional time they let you in early) seems reasonable enough to get both the feels and the rides we really care about (sorry Dumbo, etc).

This then gives you a full day in each of the other parks.

Now…if young kids are coming along, then I’d probably have a different answer.

So yes, we are a family of 4 with kids currently 2.5 and 5.5. It’s a little bit of a long story but between some banked DVC points and a cancelled cruise we’re embarking on an adults only Disney trip. I have to maybe play with a TP to see if it’s enough to only do MK on a party night. The Christmas parties are a bit longer than the Halloween ones which are a bonus.