Feeling down - this world is crazy. Lift me up with

I don’t have a photo, but yesterday at the GotG Dance Off in DCA when Gamora was being all icy and refusing to dance with StarLord a little girl in the front of the crowd of guests called out “I’ll dance with you!” and jumped in to dance with him while Gamora managed to allow a smile.

8 Likes

Oh wow! That’s amazing. I’m so glad Mickey noticed! This is super special indeed!

1 Like

so now you have me crazy on the Southwest site in addition to the forum. I may get fired before the day is out. I guess then time off won’t be a problem :wink:

5 Likes

This is such a good thread, thank you for starting it! It is definitely lifting me up!!!
We went to 1900 Park Fare due to so many liners recommending it, and it was one of our favorites character meals ever. We have 3 girls, which Lady Tremaine commented on right away. Littlest one was unsure about characters, so Lady Tremaine took off her ring and tried hypnosis on her! And of course she had already instructed the older two to take their sweat princess pose. She stayed for quite a while and it was one of the best character interactions we have had!

8 Likes

Hahaha hypnosis! LOL Jafar does that with his staff

1 Like

And now I have a weekend stay on hold.

11 Likes

Yessssss!

1 Like

Oh that is great, I am so happy for you. I hope you can make it work. I was never much for a weekend stay cause I thought it was not enough time. I have found it so nice to throw in a quick weekend stay during a long wait between longer ones. Just enough to get re-charged.

2 Likes

seeing my mom’s face meeting mickey at garden grill on the first day of her very special “last hurrah” trip this past november. she lit up like a kid. i hadn’t seen her smile like that in a long, long time. after that first interaction, we made an effort to meet all mickeys at each park.

6 Likes

It’s just a hold. No promises

1 Like

Just a little “me” time might be just what I need

3 Likes

I am not a child (just a Childless Millennial™), so this is not nearly as cute as the others, but last summer in DCA we met Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde. My shirt said “it’s called a hustle, sweetheart” and after I pointed it out to Nick, he was thrilled. He showed it to Judy, who was not impressed, and to the CM handler and then we had our own private photo shoot in front of the rest of my group. I think they’re used to not getting much attention :rofl:

A bonus one for fun: When I was a child in the 90s, we met Hercules (we actually met a bunch of them but this pic is just Herc). My cousin absolutely hated face characters and loved fur characters while my sister and I were the complete opposite. My cousin is the one covering her face because she wanted nothing to do with him :joy:

12 Likes

Fiqqst

2 Likes

That photo is hilarious. Your poor cousin. :joy: And I love your Nick & Judy interaction. Zootopia may be my favourite Disney movie.

2 Likes

I’m not directly involved in this story, but it’s a family story, so I figured it still counts.

My Aunt has 4 boys - over the years the older 3 had all been to Disney. The youngest had never been and so they were taking a special mom and youngest trip to Disney to meet Mickey! My Aunt had been talking about Mickey for weeks leading up to the trip and how he was going to give the youngest a BIG HUG when they went to the Magic Kingdom. I guess it had happened with the older 3 - Mickey was meeting up by the flowers in front of the railroad, after the tapstyles (details are fuzzy, it’s been retold a lot.) The youngest is so excited he can hardly stand it.

So they’re on the way to Magic Kingdom, on the monorail, and all of a sudden my Aunt realizes that she’s been telling him that Mickey is going to meet him as soon as they get to the Magic Kingdom… what if Mickey isn’t there? She starts panicking that she’s going to have a crushed kid and surely Mickey has moved where he meets with people and there are a ton of other people around, etc. etc.

They finally reach Magic Kingdom, use their tickets… and there is Mickey! Youngest runs up to him and gives him a big hug!! And my Aunt starts breathing again.

8 Likes

I love this! Would love to meet Nick & Judy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a great rare character meet! X2!!

2 Likes

She’s coming with us on our trip this fall and, 22 years later, still has no desire to meet any face characters :joy:

3 Likes

I hope it works out for you!

Me too… :crossed_fingers:t3:

The “problem” is I have a weekend away with some ruffians in Oct. I’m hoping the hubs doesn’t see two weekends away during two consecutive months as a problem

4 Likes