Feeling down - this world is crazy. Lift me up with

He is doing well. He has been amazing at keeping it dry.

4 Likes

Love this thread!

2 Likes

Sept 21-28. Can’t wait!

1 Like

In 2017, I took my mom on her very first trip to Disney World (she’s a kid at heart). She had come down with a cold, so wasn’t feeling great the day we were at Epcot…I walked her back to the boat dock so she could go to the hotel to rest and recharge on my way back into FW, I passed by this big wooden gate that a CM was closing. Curiosity got the best of me, so I tried to peek in and she waved me inside. It was one of those Character Paloozas and there were just a ton of characters hanging out. I got to hula dance with Stitch (my fave), it was so fun…but I felt so bad my mom missed it!
The next day we were at HS and happened upon Goofy. It was her first character interaction and my mom was in tears with excitement. The photographer caught this amazing picture.

18 Likes

DD is only 2, so we’re not in BBB territory yet, but I’m sure we’ll do it when the time comes. We had so much fun with the Pirate’s League though. We did it on a MNSSHP night and all dressed up as pirates. So much fun!!

2 Likes

I love this! Everyone needs a warm hug from time to time <3

2 Likes

LOL Donald is so jealous of his mouse friend! We love it!

Oh my gosh this is the best!!

1 Like

Catnip for the kitty?

Fabulous capture right there!

Keep trying. I thought I was going to go the entire summer without a trip. Then AP discount came out for Grab Destino and I was able to get a decent airfare. Within 30 minutes during a layover in Pheonix airport for another trip I booked the resort, air, ADRs and FP. Just like that I had a weekend trip.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s heart-warming. I’m very excited for you and for him.

I love all these stories and photos. Thank you, @OBNurseNH, for starting this topic. I needed this too but didn’t realize it. I’m wishing you hope and good things. And a trip before April!

@robin_brown_664876, you can see the star struck in his expression. So wonderful.

5 Likes

The world is crazy and can get you down so I feel ya on that. What a great thread to start and you are one of my fav liners so I’d love to contribute!

We met so many good characters last year and so many wonderful memories too. We met Elena (my middle triplets favorite princess) and she spent over 5 minutes with my four girls. She started by playing hide and seek behind the curtain and then they all giggled and laughed talking about Jacquins, shoes, comparing tiaras, bows. Then she danced with our girls (4 year olds) and they were over the moon. I’ve never seen them smile so big. Definitely the highlight of our trip. I even wrote up an email when we returned about how great that CM was and I hope she got the recognition.

Our youngest daughter was so thrilled to meet Minnie (Epcot). She was almost 2, but didn’t want to meet all the characters. When it came time to meet Minnie she lit up and was so thrilled to give her a big hug.

Anna was another awesome M&G. Our youngest triplet loves Anna. Anna was very talkative and also danced with the girls. The pictures say it all.

Meeting Chewie was my personal favorite. I may have been 37, but that was the real Chewie to me and I was getting in on the hugging action. Move kids, momma is coming in too!

Thanks for starting this! It’s fun to revisit the memories and also read about others interactions as well!

14 Likes

My favorite character meet was on our second family visit to WDW in 2008.

The year before, we took our daughter for her first visit just before her third birthday. It was a great trip but in her books there was one thing missing, she did not get to meet Snow White. She met all the other princesses but we missed Snow White.

On our next visit, she informs me that we must meet Snow White.

So our second visit was just a two day trip just going to the MK both days. First day, as we are walking in through the Town Square I see Snow White in the corner between the train station and the theater, meeting guests. Huge line of people waiting and I have no intention of waiting 90 minutes. Figure we’ll try tomorrow.

Come back the next day early in the morning, no Snow White in that spot, just a solitary CM standing there. We go over and ask the CM ask if Snow White will be here today and SM says she’ll be there in just a few minutes. So we wait about five minutes and we are the only ones waiting as Snow White comes out and see our three year old daughter waiting. Snow White calls out and greets her like a long lost friend, my daughter runs up to her, gives her a big hug They walk hand in hand to the meeting spot and have a nice long conversation, (since no one was waiting yet)

It almost looked like it was TV commercial, and its one of my favorite memories from WDW.

7 Likes

Heh, you already know mine.

and later…

I’ll never be able to thank those characters enough for allowing her to forget, even for just a few minutes, all the stuff going on and just enjoy being a kid again.

24 Likes

Oh that Elena was the best - we met her several times and she was always brilliant! The one last trip was nowhere near as good, to the point where DD commented on it after. She also asked why Elena looked so weird (I agree, she didn’t look much like Elena at all)… :joy:

1 Like

How sweet <3

You know, I don’t even know, really, who Elena is! But I have heard great things about her meet and greet. This is phenomenal! SUCH FUN! This is what it’s all about, and this CM definitely deserved the recognition you offered!!!

I know character CMs must deal with a lot of bullcrap in their jobs. But dang, these photos make it look like so much FUN!

1 Like

We loved the Mickey at Ohana breakfast last summer. My then 4.5 was not into characters at all and refused to pose for pictures with any. Our last morning before we left we did the Best Friends breakfast and Mickey coaxed several smiles out of my son and even made him giggle. My personal favorite was Ariel the night before right at park close. There was no one in line so we got to spend several minutes with her. She even got my son to give her a high fin.

1 Like

Oh my gosh. This one got me right in the feels! Dang pixie dust in my eyes! True magic

1 Like

Awww geez, @Randall1028

No fair, no fair.

So glad you have these treasures. And as I’ve said so many times before, I hope my son would do the same for me one day :heart:

6 Likes

We were visiting Goofy’s Kitchen (DL) and my granddaughter had just finished her initial greet with Mickey (prior to being seated for dinner). While we waited for our table, my granddaughter decided to look back in on Mickey…

The next group to meet Mickey were taking a lot of time to queue up, and Mickey happened to look over in the direction of my granddaughter…

Let the games begin!

Ring Around the Uncle

Peek A Boo

This went on for only moments, but it lasted forever in my own mind.
If the pictures are blurry, it might be from my excited trembling, or my inability to focus with tears welling up in my eyes.

13 Likes